• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The cloud itself has a major problem for me. [Creative Cloud Sync app doesn't support files with special characters or long file names]

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to suggest an important bug fix. Creative Cloud Sync app (the actual cloud) doesn't support files with the comma sign, quotes, parentheses and more. I think also files that have really long names. This is a problem for me, because of the way I'm used to name my files on my mac. For example a music folder for "Adventure/vlog" etc.

Another thing I want to point out is that Adobe's support is very lacking. In order to reach the chat  I need to go through so many steps, the option of the cloud itself as an app, or contacting regarding Adobe.com website is impossible, so I usually just pick something random from the list of apps.

In the same manner, I type a full description of the problem before reaching the representative, and then he comments "Hi, what can I help you?" Like I didn't write anything and I need to write everything from the beginning.

Also, actually they don't start with "Hi, What can I help you?" but with "Hello. Welcome to Adobe Technical Support." and I should respond to that..? after 2 minutes I received the message "Hello, would you still like to continue the chat?".

3 Seconds later the chat was shut down saying: "We're sorry but since we have not heard from you we will close this chat. Please contact us again if you still need to talk to a member of our team."

It's getting worse. When I tried contacting you again, I immediately reached the end of the previous chat, directing me back basically to the same case number.

Dear Adobe, please try contacting support just to see how well it works, and you'll feel me.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Hi Bar,

I know many characters cannot be used in order to support cross-platform compatibility

See the Windows reserved characters section here:

Error: "Unable to sync files" to the Adobe Creative Cloud

That's probably the reason for the restrciction

Sorry to hear about your poor experience with support. That you for taking the time to pass it on. I'll pass it on as well.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bar,

I know many characters cannot be used in order to support cross-platform compatibility

See the Windows reserved characters section here:

Error: "Unable to sync files" to the Adobe Creative Cloud

That's probably the reason for the restrciction

Sorry to hear about your poor experience with support. That you for taking the time to pass it on. I'll pass it on as well.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines