Exit

Unable to sync files to CC

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Let me give you some basic background on syncing problems with CC:

I used to have all the assets (InDesign, Photoshop, etc along with graphic files)  synced to Creative Cloud. I work at Maryland School for the Deaf. Anyway, some months ago, the school announced that Google Drive was changed to Drive Filestream. To share the assets with certain colleagues, I moved them to Drive Filestream but found the Filestream too slow to use so I moved the assets back to CC folder. Apparently, the sync with such assets was broken. I copied some assets and brought them home to test on my computer (I have CC at home too as part of my school business). They still won't sync!

I'm desperate to undo the damage that was caused by using Google Drive Filestream. How can we do that? See attached.

No sync symbol on these assets. Again, they won't sync at home and work! Capture.JPG

I have several colleagues waiting for me to collaborate with them. Your help will really be appreciated!

Larry

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Larry,

Thanks for the info. Just to ensure I understand. The four package folders contain files you're attempting to sync up to your Creative Cloud storage to access them on your home computer.

Questions:

- Is file sync turned on in the preferences?

turn_on_sync.jpg

- As a workaround you might want to upload the files through a browser at Adobe Creative Cloud

- Once uploaded you should be able to share the folders via collaboration Collaboration FAQ

- You might try uninstalling and reinstalling the Creative Cloud app as described here Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application

Please let me know if these help,

Best,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Dave,

Thank you for getting back to me...let me start with uninstalling and reinstalling the CC app, I don't think it would work because the files won't sync on both my work and home computers. But if you think I should try that on both computers, I'll try but that's the last resort.

Second, yes, file sync is turned on in both of my computers.

Third, I would love uploading the files through a browser at CC but I have four main folders containing about 600 files. Do I have to upload one file by one? Where's the tool that can upload the entire folders at once? Once you tell me how and where to do that, I certainly will try that. Google Drive provides both "File upload" and "Folder upload" while Adobe does File upload only. Please advise?

Let me give you a short history...some months ago, I moved some folders to Drive File Stream that was installed by school admin to replace Google Drive but I found File Stream too slow or problematic so I moved the folders back to Creative Cloud. That was when the sync disappeared from such folders. I hope you got what I'm saying? See this link related to File Stream:

Deploy Drive File Stream - G Suite Administrator Help

I look forward to hearing from you and straightening out this issue for once and all.

Thanks,

Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines