• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to turn on Creative Cloud File Sync

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2014 Aug 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't turn on Creative Cloud File Sync. On a Mac running Mavericks, I go to the Creative Cloud icon and click it, then Assets. It takes me to the Files tab and gives me a big blue button that says "Start synching". If I click it, the app flashes briefly, and then I'm back to the Files tab with the big blue "Start synching" button. If I click it again, I get a spinning icon for about five minutes, and then I'm back to the app again, with the big blue button.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 22, 2014 Aug 22, 2014

lhillvisualadvan,

Please check the full path that isn't found if you're seeing 'no such file or directory'. I would expect the message in the command line to look like this:

rm: /Users/<yourusername>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/options.tix: No such file or directory

If you don't see /Users/<yourusername> at the beginning, you're missing the tilde character ('~') from the instructions.

If the path looks like the one above and options.tix is not found, the issue you're experiencing is d

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2014 Aug 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2014 Aug 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exact same issue.  None of the above links seemed to have anything relevant to this particular issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2014 Aug 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try the solution on this KB article that was just posted:

Creative Cloud desktop app | Unable to turn-on File sync.

Thanks,
Elba

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2014 Aug 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same problem with syncing. I followed the simple instructions from the link you posted and I am getting an error in my command line stating that there is "No such file or directory".

I am also having a problem with keeping the sync 'on" button selected in my creative cloud desktop preferences. When I go to my preferences and select the files tab, then select 'on' for my sync settings. When I close that window and re-open it the sync settings are set back in the off position. How do I get these settings to stay in the on position?

Also, I cannot seem to find my Creative Cloud Files folder anywhere on my computer. I have tried setting a folder location (also in my preferences) but that too will not stay once I have closed the window.

Hopefully you can help me with these problems. Oh- and I am working on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lhillvisualadvan,

Please check the full path that isn't found if you're seeing 'no such file or directory'. I would expect the message in the command line to look like this:

rm: /Users/<yourusername>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/options.tix: No such file or directory

If you don't see /Users/<yourusername> at the beginning, you're missing the tilde character ('~') from the instructions.

If the path looks like the one above and options.tix is not found, the issue you're experiencing is distinct from the issue described in the knowledge base article. In this case, could you send us your log files so that we can investigate further? Please zip up the entire 'CoreSync' folder at the location below and send it to me at bmordue@adobe.com.

Mac:

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync

Windows:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CoreSync

'Library' on Mac and 'AppData' on Windows are both hidden folders. Please read this page for help on showing these folders:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/show-hidden-files-folders-extensions.html

Thanks,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The path shown in my error message is the full path as you stated above.I would like to send you the 'CoreSync' log files, but I apparently have two folders. One called 'CoreSync' and another called 'CoreSyncV1'. Which of these two folders would you like me to send to you? Also, the path to get to these files is Applications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud/CoreSync or CoreSyncV1. I cannot find the path /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync.

Also, the link (in-line above) is directions for Windows operating systems. Can you send me a link that will direct me on a Mac OS?

Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2014 Aug 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for not including the directions for Mac. Here's the page:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

The CoreSync directory with log files is /Users/<yourusername>/Library/Application Support/CoreSync.

(The directories you mention above in /Applications/ do not contain the logs we need.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2016 Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got mine to work, and to help of this thread. To be clear, I was troubleshooting the latest version, 3.8.0.310. All I had to do was click the gear icon and go to creative cloud preferences, turn off sync, under files, and turn it back on. Libraries came back in AI and syncing started again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having same issue again as above..Ive restarted CC, logged in and out. restarted computer...Nothing seems to get them to enable syncing. I click the button and it kind of blinks - but sync is still not enabled. Ive looked at several other threads and nothing seems to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same problem. My files are not syncing, and when I turn on file sync, it just does this:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue in 2020 here. But it was easily fixed by deleting /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync and restart CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines