• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unquoted Paths in Windows Registry with Adobe CC - security and vulnerabilities

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time Adobe CC updates, I get penalized on my vulnerability scans.  I have to repeatedly go through every computer and fix the unquoted uninstall string in the registry.

Unquoted paths can make the machine vulnerable under some conditions.  I remediate this by script and then it keeps coming back like a game of whack-a-mole.  Is there any way to fix this going forward to help make our environments more secure?

parent_key     : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adobe Creative Cloud

Value          : C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\Utils\Creative Cloud Uninstaller.exe

Correction     : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\Utils\Creative Cloud Uninstaller.exe"

Name           : UninstallString

Type           : String 

TOPICS
Collaboration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

these are user-to-user forums.  you probably would be better served making a suggestion to adobe here, https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

these are user-to-user forums.  you probably would be better served making a suggestion to adobe here, https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines