• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update Modified Content is updating to the wrong Library

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!  I'm running into this issue that I'm not sure how to fix.  I've duplicated a Library (A) and renamed and edited all the files within the duplicated Library (B).

Steps:

1. User 1, creates PSD using Library B cloud assets
  2. User 2 ,opens PSD and sees no issues.  Does their edits and saves.
  3. User 1, opens edited PSD and all Cloud layers look correct and have the correct layer names however there are exclamation points on all Cloud layers.
  4. User 1 Updates All Modified Content to make sure they have the latest versions of all Cloud files

***RESULT:  All cloud layers update but link themselves to Library A assets***

Why?

TOPICS
Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Welcome to our Community Forum. We are sorry for your difficulties due to Cloud library assets. To help me with more clarification, could you please let us know if you have an issue with only PSD files or any other file format, which application in Creative Cloud Application are you using to modify the library content? Also if you could share any screenshots of the error? Do you also mention that in duplication it happens(error occurs) which means if you work in one, it works well, please correct me if I am missing something.

We are here to help you, it's just we need more information to investigate.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Neelam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which application:

• I am using Photoshop 24.2.1 to modify Library Content.

Which file types:

• The files in the Library that are erroring (by updating to the incorrect Library) are PSDs and PNGs. 
    •  I have a PSD file (not in a Library) that has Layers that are from the Library.  And those Library Layers inside the PSD are not Updating to the correct Library

Screenshot of the error:

• There's not really a way to screen shot the error because one would have to know what the file looks like in one Library vs another Library.  

More info:

• I work in two Libraries, we'll name them Library2022 and Library2023.
    • I duplicated by copying some files from Library2022 into Library2023
    • In Library2023, I renamed all files that were copied from Library2022
  • The issue only happens with the Duplicated/Copied Library Files
  • Basically, if I use a Library2023 file in a PSD. Then pass the file to someone else to edit.  When I get the file back, all of the Layers will have exclamation points on them.  And when I Update Modified Content, the files update to Library2022.

Let me know if you have any more questions. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines