• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating to Windows 10 question?

Participant ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to be doing a clean install of Windows 10 today and am currently collaborating my creative cloud folder with several people. My question is what happens? Will my collaboration and invites be reset when I re-install the cloud or does it automatically sync back up to the folder that is on the cloud? My concern is after deleting the drive and then installing the cloud it will sync to my clean drive and erase everything that is currently on the cloud since it's set to sync (or is it disabled by default?). I was also thinking about placing all of the contents on another drive and setting that as the creative cloud folder so nothing is deleted. If I do that and then reinstall and select this folder as the creative cloud will it sync to the folder without re-uploading everything?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what its worth -- many of the Creative Cloud apps are not currently installing on my clean install of retail Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So don't install Windows 10. Got it. Thanks for the heads up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will fail with:

ERROR: Third party payload installer vcredist_x64.exe failed with exit code: 1603

ERROR: Failed to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x64).

ERROR: Third party payload installer vcredist_x86.exe failed with exit code: 1603

ERROR: Failed to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86).

Creative Cloud erroneously tries to install the Microsoft C++ 2008 Redistributable which does not work with Windows 10.   Unless another piece of software has already installed it, you will need to first install the 2010 versions first before installing Creative Cloud.

Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64) from Official Microsoft Downloa...

Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) from Official Microsoft Downloa...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx That's the solution for the problem!!! It works very well!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I noted in another discussion, this didn't work for my computer. I installed the 2010 package, reinstalled photoshop, restarted computer, and still having same problem. Do I have to completely remove the Creative Cloud and then reinstall it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a test upgrade on my Surface Pro 3. Nothing loads now unless it's in compatibility mode and even then some of the plugins don't seem to work at all. I'd say wait until they get things worked out at Adobe for the transition to Windows 10. I did a clean install as well and had the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines