Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uploading to Creative Cloud without leaving copy on my computer

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have tried to find the answer to this before but failed. I have a large number of photo files that I backup to a portable hard drive but I also want to back them up to Creative Cloud without leaving copies on my computer. I would like the sync function from my hard drive but I don't need that extra folder taking up space on my computer or portable hard drive.  Is there a way to do this?

So very very grateful for any help.

Thanks so much, Brenda 

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

With your Creative Cloud Desktop App.  Click on Assets > Files > View on Web.

Neelamk_0-1674729695535.png

Then use the Actions drop-down to Create a Folder and upload files from your computer.

Neelamk_1-1674729695540.png

Your files are currently being sync to your hard drive location.

the setting are under preferences ,creative cloud, files.  sync on , sync off

You can turn off sync or sync to a secondary hard drive like a USB hard drive.

With file syncing off you can upload (and download) files using the CC Assets website at https://assets.adobe.com. The CC Assets does support versioning and also has comments which you can use to help with tracking the updates if wished.

Please let me know if the above information helps. 

Regards,

Neelam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I got so frustrated I gave up. I am now giving it one last chance so I saw your response. My Creative Cloud app looks nothing like the picture you shared. In looking through some of the other questions submitted, it looks like I am not the only one that is having this problem. I have tried using the upload button in the app and online and it will only let me upload images one at a time. I probably have over 10,000 files at this point in my career. It would be great to just upload a file folder or an entire collection without copying it to my computer. I do not use Lightroom as exporting and importing images caused me to lose a great deal of work. This all needs to be easier. I also saw that sync is going away? In simple terms what does this mean? So frustrated. I have lost so many hours trying to figure this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you cannot use the sync folder to store files online and not on your computer.

and in the future you won't be able to use the sync folder, at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So how do I store the images online?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for now, saving to your sync folder saves online, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or use an online storage service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. This was the online storage system I thought I was buying into. Frustrating. It would be nice to do everything right in Adobe. Thanks to everyone for responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just resubmitting this comment as it did not get answered by Neelam. I appreciate your help, however...

Sorry, I got so frustrated I gave up. I am now giving it one last chance so I saw your response. My Creative Cloud app looks nothing like the picture you shared. In looking through some of the other questions submitted, it looks like I am not the only one that is having this problem. I have tried using the upload button in the app and online and it will only let me upload images one at a time. I probably have over 10,000 files at this point in my career. It would be great to just upload a file folder or an entire collection without copying it to my computer. I do not use Lightroom as exporting and importing images caused me to lose a great deal of work. This all needs to be easier. I also saw that sync is going away? In simple terms what does this mean? So frustrated. I have lost so many hours trying to figure this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines