• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Metadata Tags in Portfolio

Enthusiast ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to find a way to add the TITLE or CAPTION fields to uploaded images. It looks like I have to re-key the information for each photo. Is there someway to automate this? 

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Adobe Portfolio doesn't display image metadata.  So I'm not sure what you're hoping to accomplish.

Portfolio allows you to add custom meta tags to web pages.  See below for more details.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015806633-Custom-Meta-Tags

A meta tag is an HTML tag containing information for search engines about a website. Meta tags can be used to improve SEO, provide proof of site ownership, as well as work with webmaster tools. While invisible on your site itself, t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DS256,

You could use Adobe Bridge to make metadata changes to multiple files at once (by selecting them and editing the fields in the metadata panel) but it would have to be done prior to uploading them to Portfolio.

Best,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"You could use Adobe Bridge to make metadata changes " No need. All the metadata has already been set in LrC. I'm just trying to be able to access in Portfolio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Portfolio doesn't display image metadata.  So I'm not sure what you're hoping to accomplish.

Portfolio allows you to add custom meta tags to web pages.  See below for more details.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015806633-Custom-Meta-Tags

A meta tag is an HTML tag containing information for search engines about a website. Meta tags can be used to improve SEO, provide proof of site ownership, as well as work with webmaster tools. While invisible on your site itself, they appear in the code and are available to search engines, instructing them how to display your website in search results.

Note: Custom Meta Tags is an advanced setting. If you are not familiar with code, we recommend using the Meta Keywords settings within Search Optimization. This automatically converts your tags into html code in the backend.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Adobe Portfolio doesn't display image metadata.  So I'm not sure what you're hoping to accomplish."

That's what I was afraid of. I was hoping to be able to automatically assign metadata fields to photo's like I do in another website.

Untitled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Portfolio on Adobe UserVoice is for posting feedback and feature requests. See links below.

https://adobeportfolio.uservoice.com/forums/921673-adobe-portfolio-feedback-suggestions/suggestions/...

- FAQ & Knowledgebase - https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036720853-How-the-Lightroom-integration-works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure this is entirely true.

Portfolio does display Caption metadata previously entered in Lightroom. When a Lightroom album is imported into Portfolio, Caption metadata is displayed in the bottom part of the image when in lightbox mode. At least in the template I'm using. 

So DS256 was not entirely off in his enquiry.

/ T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct about LR CC Album Captions.   AFAIK, that and custom sort order are all that Portfolio supports at this time.

Troubleshooting Lightroom Albums

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/articles/360036768213-Troubleshooting-Lightroom-albums-in-Adobe-Port...

It would be nice if Portfolio a) held onto standard upload meta data and b) supported  other meta data like keywords and descriptions.  As always, feel free to submit feature requests to the Portfolio Team.  If it's feasible, they might add it to a future update.

Contact Portfolio Support Team

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/requests/new?ticket_form_id=177168

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy!

Absolutely, what you mention would actually be a game changer for those who want to work with the potential of integrating Lightroom and Portfolio. Afterall people who use Adobe software as their toolbox care about their images and those images have TITLES, CAPTIONS, DESCRIPTIONS, LOCATIONS...that one could implement in LR and "pour" or decant with the image into Portfolio for e.g. that a Portfolio page could take it's name from the TITLE previously entered in LR i.e. that the metadata could be used together or separately in creative ways, switching on an off, assigning etc.

That would prevent copy-pasting something you have probably typed already once or even twice in other applications and save enourmous amount of time, clicks, loads, back and forths between applications...

I believe they are in the right track, but metadata application for creative purposes seems to be still underdeveloped. The file name is important internally yes, but what matters in the frontend is the stories, the places, the magic of giving an image a title and historical implications (date taken).

And maybe a little bit later, for those interested, what they are doing with Commerce could slowly become available in Portfolio...Then we wouldn't have to look further, elsewhere than the Suite or CC, which would be plain and simple, a big relief.  

Cool that you're so engaged!

/ T 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be careful what you wish for.  ExIf meta data contains more personal information than most people realize.  This can be useful on private storage devices but posting such data online is risky. 

Social sharing sites like Imgur, FaceBook and Instagram scrub meta data from uploaded image files to protect their users.  But other sites like Flickr are not so vigilant.

Below are some disturbing examples of how & to what extent people were tracked through their uploaded images. 

https://www.comparitech.com/blog/vpn-privacy/exif-metadata-privacy/

I think that if ExIf or "sidecar" meta data is displayed online, it would have to be  sanitized down to captions, titles, keywords and very brief descriptions.  

Also there might be legal implications to storing ExIf data that we don't know about.  A global company the size of Adobe might not want to go down that rabbit hole for various reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2023 Oct 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Absolutely I agree with what you say:

"I think that if ExIf or "sidecar" meta data is displayed online, it would have to be  sanitized down to captions, titles, keywords and very brief descriptions.  "

Something like this:

https://gallery.obra.se/all-works-exhibited/p/the-invention-of-europe

It would super nice that the info of image would originate from metadata entered in LR and that one could play with the layout for example that the title would have a certain font and style and that the descriptions and keywords could be switched on and/or off depending on the what one want to each achieve by providing information about the image. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines