• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

We need a "Empty trash" button on the Deleted folder

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been running out of space on my hard disk for a while, and today I discovered the reason. I need to clean the Deleted Folder, on the Creative Cloud web page. Unfortunately, I have thousands of files to delete.

Can we have an "Empty trash" button implemented? Or maybe an option to clean the folder automatically, from time to time?

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

This may help...

-https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/delete-files-permanently.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may help...

-https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/delete-files-permanently.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It's helped a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I only do this ~80.000 times and I'm done? 🙂 The best I found is shift-click to selected bataches but the webinterface triggers 3 HTTP requests to delete one file. Not sure if an "Permanently delete all" button is some rocket science.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had a long session with Adobe Chat teammember who politley suggested I hold the shift button to select multiple files to delete. I told him I had literally thousands of files in that folder. I couldnt even tell how many there were, I just had to try to delete 300 or so at a time, after 4 hours I have removed over 20GB. I'm still going ... apparently he has lodged an issue with support. Somehow I dont think they care reading the other comments here.

I diddnt even know it was there (why should I?) ... I empty my trash on the desktop, not knowing that for some reason those Cloud files are not deleted but moved into the trash on the Cloud, which has just gotten bigger and bigger over time. 

Why there is no empty trash button in my iCloud, its a truly bizare oversight. I just emptied my OneDrive trash in 1 second.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the problem persits ... I have just discovered 23GB in my trash. Adobe team member just suggested I select first item, scroll to last item and hold down shift and go to the last item. When I told them I had thousands of files and could not go to the last item ... the chat ended there. Yet again, thanks Adobe. Wonderful customer service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

common problem with no better solution.

for applicable apps, use https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feature request,

I wish to empty years of deleted files that are in my deleted folder 10,000 + files (1TD subscription) with ACC

Either

Button to "empty all"

or

Auto delete, like lightroom, files are deleted after 60 days

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is all a bit rediculous as this is a very basic feature, especially knowing that there is a hidden URL param to actually show a "Empty Trash" button in the UI that is non-functional. Makes one wonder 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Christian24729118tvrf 

it's a basic feature, and adobe knows it's needed but for some reason is unable or unwilling to implement it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines