• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Welp... sorry to post AGAIN about this... Authentication Errors

Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to repost this, but I'm mad and the fact that I can't find my other post at all just makes me madder (I don't know why it doesn't have a "Welcome back, hey did you know that you have responses to your post?!?!" thing when I log in here...)

Here's what's happening:  I get an error message saying "Something is wrong with your Creative Cloud App, you have to repair it" So I hit repair and it goes through the reload process and then about two hours later I get the same error message.  ANY Adobe apps I am using are then immediately shut down (It does kindly ask if I want to save my work... that's nice).  If I restart the app, it asks me for my email and password before I can use the app (Which then works for about an hour and then shuts down and demands my email and password AGAIN).

This happens once an hour or about two hours.  Generally, this is only seriously disruptive to my workflow, however, I've now had Photoshop die in the middle of a broadcast and had to type my email address and password while on air...  That is emberassing for me AND Adobe.

Now, here's what I've done:

1) I "Repaired" the CC app

2) I Uninstalled and reinstalled the CC app

3) I uninstalled the CC app and then used the Adobe Cleaner App then reinstalled the CC App.

4) I uninstalled the CC app, Used the Cleaner, then renamed two folders in the Users/Roaming/Adobe/ folder (Or something like that) to "Old" then reinstalled the CC app.

5) I've cursed the very name of Adobe when it kicked me out of Photoshop and Premeire AGAIN.

The next step is to uninstall ALL of Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Premeire, After Effects, Audition and Character Animator), delete all of the directories related to Adobe, and then reinstall all of it again.  But this will stop my work for an entire day (I have a LOT of specific job settings and brushes and the like that'll need to be reinstalled when I do this).  That costs me money. So I'm waiting to do that until last ditch.

Now, since I can't seem to find my old post.  I'll stay on this page for a while just in case someone has a solution I have not tried.

Thanks for helping folks! I'm SUPER upset about this. I hope I'm not coming across as too harsh.

-A

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just did it again, but this time I was watching it, here's some observations:

1) It put up a "Looking for the authintication Server" message box with a progress bar.

2) When the progress bad got to the end of the box, Premeire, Audition and Photoshop all closed at the same time (Yay, I get to start all over with loading all of those work files)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aabh, I am sorry you are encountering so many problems utilizing your Creative Cloud membership.  I did merge your original discussion on this topic with your new discussion.  In the future please do not start multiple public forum discussions on the same topic.

From your description, it sounds like you have implemented the solutions listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html without success.  For your next steps please download and run the CC Log Collector Tool from http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html.  Once the logs have been uploaded you can then begin a chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html so that direct support can be provided to resolve the errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, and again, I'm sorry. This forum is a little different than I'm used to and I couldn't find my original post (Otherwise I most certainly would have simply posted to it).  Since I'm kinda embaressed (Having had to apologize on air for Adobe shutting down and stuff) and I am upset because of this, I wasn't too thourough.  I apologize.

I did get on with support and they watched for an hour and naturally it didn't do it. So I'll have to save the broadcasts until I catch it crashing on air. I can then show someone what's happening.  I'll be less stressed if I know it's coming.

I would like to say that the server seems to check every hour and my internet seems to DROP intermittently.  I think we have a confluence of the server check happening when my internet drops. I wish we could get 24 hours or something instead of a handful of minutes to validate our license.  I'm worried that my spotty internet means I'll always have this problem with CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aabh, if you are seeing slow performance when the software is attempting to perform licensing checks, then please review the settings for any installed software firewalls or proxy servers.  I would expect the behavior you described to occur if the software firewall is attempting to block a connection.  You could then see additional performance degradation if the Creative Cloud desktop app has to fight to make a connection to a required server.

You can find a complete list of the servers that you will need access to with a Creative Cloud individual membership at https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/network-endpoints.html.  Software firewalls typically block connections on a per-app basis, so you won't need to add the list of approved servers. It is more likely you will need to allow the Creative Cloud desktop app and it's components to have access to the Internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff. So I collected the data and got on with a tech.  He took control of my computer and did a few things in my registry, but in the end we both agreed that all we could do was wait until the Cloud crashed.  Naturally, like the watched pot, it never crashed while we were watching it.  He had to go and I had to get back to work.

It crashed about three hours later and I didn't hit "Repair", instead I just let it close and I just type my username and password into every Adobe program when I need it.  It's super annoying, but at least this way it's not crashing in the middle of a show.  I can type my password in before I go live and it stays running throughout the day until I need the resources for something else.

I don't know what else to do. I guess there is a conflict somewhere.  At least for now I don't need to load any other Adobe apps, so I can just let it stay crashed.   I'll come up with a plan B if I want to install anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update, Aabh, and my apologies for the delay in response. I was out of the office last week.

I am sorry to hear that you continue to encounter problems, with the Creative Cloud desktop app crashing randomly.

You mentioned you recently worked with a technician, do you have a case number from your interaction that I can review?  Please see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html for information on how you can locate and update your recent Adobe support cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! (Though there isn't any answer there, either)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines