• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happened to the timeline button for versioning Cloud documents?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to access a previous version of a .psdc from my Cloud files. The current documentation has instructions for versioning documents that include a "timeline" button which grants access to previous versions of a Cloud document. I am currently using Creative Cloud Desktop version 5.9.0.372. I will also point out that the "timeline" button is absent from the Creative Cloud web app too. 

adobe-cc.jpg

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear about your difficulties. To assist you further, please confirm if you're referring to this button on the timeline which has versioning info of the file in the Creative Cloud.

TarunSaini_0-1665085518143.png

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is the button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue precisely.

Has Adobe eliminated the function for restoring previous versions of a file in Creative Cloud? If so, it would be good if they would make that clear in the help documentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @paulbowman,

We're sorry to hear about your difficulties. I have escalated this issue further with our engineering team & I will get back to you once I hear anything from them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @paulbowman @Farground, As per your screenshot, you are checking the Creative Cloud Desktop App, yet the versioning icon is present on the Creative Cloud website, www.assets.adobe.com. The version history will be visible on the right rail of the preview when viewed through the Creative Cloud website.

Let me know if that helps.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your input. I am having trouble locating the version history on the Creative Cloud website. However, there is a version history button on Adobe Fresco, iPad. fresco-version-history-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it's not there. Please advise where versioning is? 
It seems there has been some awful UI changes which resulted in versioning being hard to find (unless it's removed altogether), so please advise how to revert to a previous version?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just used this feature for the first time a few weeks ago. Tried to use again today and had this same missing button issue. Super frustrating and disapointing from Adobe (especially since I found a dumb work around in a couple minutes).

I used the desktop CC app, navigated to the file, selected it and clicked "view on web" (hidden under the ellipses on the far right). Suddenly the timeline button was there even though it wasn't when I went directly there on the web version?? Hopefully works for other people too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@McKinleyAlanSmith 

thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this issue also, thanks for the tips.

Safari was unsupported, sso witched to Chrome. Version history is under file name tab at top left, 4th item down. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines