• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happens to my CC subscription if the email tied to my account is deleted?

New Here ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additionally, what if this is a school email, and the subscription was purchased with a student discount?

TOPICS
Collaboration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

you won't be able to use your subscription if you need to sign in to your account and the email address is incorrect. ie, change your email address to a valid one, https://helpx.adobe.com/in/manage-account/using/create-update-adobe-id.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you won't be able to use your subscription if you need to sign in to your account and the email address is incorrect. ie, change your email address to a valid one, https://helpx.adobe.com/in/manage-account/using/create-update-adobe-id.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are graduating, and that is why you are losing the school email, then you have a one year grace period for the educational pricing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BUT you do not have any grace period to change your email address.  ie, fix that asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, if I have an active subscription with student pricing, and change my email to a non-student email would my current subscription be affected? Also, if I have a secondary email that is not at risk of deletion, do I still have to worry about this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To both questions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. No to both.

Edit: ...if you change your primary email to a valid email address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked adobe support and in case it helps anyone this is what they told me:

I would like to inform you that I can provide you the student discount under any of your desired E-mail as it is not possible to transfer the subscription between accounts. You will need to cancel and re-purchase if you would like to change/switch the E-mail. Instead, I would suggest you to purchase the subscription on your non-edu E-mail. You will be asked for the details of your school/University while purchasing the subscription and that's about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you speak with an actual human or the AI chatbot?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

did you change your email per my message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update your online account profile with a valid email adddress ASAP.

https://account.adobe.com/profile

If you're still a student, you can upload proof of eligibility -- copy of Student ID Card,  Transcript or Tuition bill.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines