• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I permanently delete files from creative cloud?

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 30gb of files (9907 items) in my creative cloud deleted archive and I can't permanently delete them. When I try, the page freezes for a while and then when it refreshes, a little pop-up says 'successfully deleted 0 assets permanently'. Or it deletes some files but then the files reappear! I don't have time to delete almost 10,000 files one by one. How do I fix this? Please help! 

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, but with 85GB of files. You find a solution ever?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1 Reply

Godseyephotos_2-1634599268707.png

Adobe Employee , 
Apr 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

LATEST

Yes, you do not have to do this 1-by-1.

From the Files page at https://assets.adobe.com/files you want to switch the View from the default of Mosaic to List. You will then be able to select all of the photos and send them to the Archive. Then switch to the Archive and Permanently Delete the items.

Godseyephotos_5-1634599268709.png

Translate

Translate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also desperately need to know how to permanently delete 200G of photo files.

I am struggling with this very issue...sigh sigh...and they keep asking me to increase my cloud. I cannot easily save my work, nor  go from platform to platform.  It seems "they" must default to sync... and it filled itself up with auto sync.

I'm sure I never set the cloud to sync, as my intention when I got a T of cloud, was to have a WIP space, so I know I didn't want the space filled up. ...I have other places, but now my work( 200 g) is out there and I clearly am not in control.

Anyone with an answer - PLEASE...let me know! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines