• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why Creative Cloud Files icon on macOS finder sidebar looks like ugly file icon?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JohyPark_0-1634114504567.png

Creative Cloud Files icon changed recently after some updates of Adobe CC.

Weird looks, I opened support but assistances told me like this.

Its a default icon after CCDA Update
To change to Folder icon :
system preferences >> extension >> finder >> coresync helper should be checked in
Why this ugly file icon is default?
My mac already turned on coresync helper extension and already tried to clean install Adobe CC using Cleaner Tool.
TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to remove icon, I just can't understand why the previous cloud icon changed to ugly file icon while windows icon is not changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user-to-user forums. and anyone that knows the reasoning on apple's side or on adobe's sign is under an nda.

either live with it or change it.

You’re Missing Out on a More Beautiful Mac Desktop | by Owen Caulfield | Medium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what the fuss is about.  That appears to be an appropriate icon for the Creative Cloud Files folder on your computer system.    The shortcut to Cloud Documents and Creative Cloud Desktop App have entirely different icons.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johy

Did you solve the issue with the iccon. I have the same problem.
Hope you did!
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Guys,
Dropbox just did a good job with this type of icon…I guess Adobe just didn't take the time to do it the right way... 
Wait and see… 

Capture d’écran 2022-01-05 à 00.25.32.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's the same with g-drive and onedrive.

but at least their sizing is better matching. 

the CC icon is ridiculously off in dimensions. Guys, you're making software for viusally trained people. you wann kill us? get this right please!

Bildschirmfoto 2022-01-21 um 13.28.07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reported this to the Adobe developers and was told that the icon would be updated to match the others with a future update to the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David for letting us know!

I really appreciate that.

regards!

Aguatin 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a persistant problem though. And since your answer there have been updates to Creative Cloud app and the problem is still there as it has been from Big Sur on and even before that sporadically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the report, but still not changed after 5 months, so sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read this as i'm facing the same issue. I followed the steps, the coresync was already ticked, so i turned it off and this appears to have solved the problem. What does unticking this box do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably syncing to adobe cloud doesn't work if you tick that off. 

Or you just loose contextual menu items for sharing etc and indicators if a file is synced or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have since reinstalled, enabled core-sync and the folder icon issue appears to have resolved itself. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled the whole system by wiping the SSD, reinstalling Mac OS (Monterey), reinstalling Adobe CC immediately after the OS - no change. Core sync is already enabled after installation. If it is enabled I get the fugly icon. If I disable core sync I get a prettyer but stil generic folder icon (which I would actually be fine with at this point, as long as it isn't a totally out of place ugly file icon that looks like an error of some kind) and loose functionality of the folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this is a big problem, it bothers me too a lot, but it doesn't bother me enough that I would wipe my computer lol....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here. core sync was already checked. unchecking displays a clean apple icon, but indeed and logically, no sync functionality after.

Looking forward to see it fixed from Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no hope they resolve this as it has been a problem for years. They don’t seem to care much.

But it seems there’s something on the Apple’s side too: I have a cloud storage service (pClopud) and it displays the cloud drive as a networked drive. And in shortcuts column in finder it also has problems displaying the right icon although occasionally it does display a networked drive icon. So it may be something on Apple’s end that doesn’t quite work right. On Catalina it was pretty much fine untill I installed a file archiver Keka which messed up with those icons for some reason. On monterey even clean installation and Adobe as first software on a fresh system - no go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines