• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do I keep seeing a red alert icon in my taskbar?

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2014 Nov 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Tljcqnxw1US2NfYjV6UEtwR3M/view?usp=sharing

The above video explains my frustration. I've seen a red alert badge on the creative cloud icon in my mac's top bar multiple times since I purchased and installed photoshop and lightroom a few days ago. Only one of those time, ONLY ONE, did I have updates to install. EVERY OTHER TIME, I HAVE NO IDEA AT ALL WHAT THE RED ALERT BADGE WAS FOR. NONE!

Can anyone explain why it shows up, or how to find out exactly why I'm seeing it? Even in the video that I posted, it just goes away while I'm clicking through tabs.

Is this a bug that just hasn't been fixed yet?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2014 Nov 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refer to
:http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/sync-files.html

Here it says that:

The Creative Cloud syncs up to 1 GB of overflow from any device. After that, the desktop app stops syncing new files and notifies that you are over quota. A red exclamation point marks any files that are unable to upload.

Moving to download & install.

Regards

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2014 Nov 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick response.

Looking at the "Creative Cloud Files" folder in my home folder, I see that it's empty. Further, viewing the folder online shows a "this folder is empty" message when trying to view "all" under the files option.

This doesn't seem to be the issue causing the red alert badge, and further still, I would expect there to be a message given along with an alert badge indicating that I had used the available space in my "cloud files".

Are there any other reasons that this badge might appear, and is there any definitive way to determine what causes it when it does appear? If you watch the video that I created and linked, you'll see that the alert badge just disappears (as it has the past few times I've seen it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2014 Nov 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did watch the video carefully, I would suggest you to contact Support directly for this: http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6

Regards

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please re-read the OP's question. She said NOTHING about a red exlamation point! Its a red dot, the same red dot that you see when there is a current update for an Adobe App. I also see the red dot EVERY day when I log on.  

My take, they do it so that you click on it, because it takes you directly an "ad" for Adobe's Premium stock images. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact same problem.
It's here for the last month, month and a half, after one of the latest updates. This problem didn't exist in the years before.

Has anyone found a solution yet?

I'm afraid it's going to pull out my eye and suck it up.

After posting and reviewing the video from the original post, I realize this topic is rather old (and Adobe managed to change an alert triangle into an alert dot — they are so good at Adobe's).
So I probably better start a new thread addressing specifically todays intimidating red dot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The red dot notification keeps appearing on the Creative Cloud icon in the mac os menu bar. As Jan2563190 notes, it started doing that fairly recently. Previously it was useful for drawing attention to app updates (which I do manually). Now it shows up over and over every day, and for no apparent reason. Seriously. No apparent reason. And this is despite all notifications being turned off except for app updates. (I just turned that off, too, but doubt it will make any difference.) Syncing is also turned off. For such a small thing, the unwanted and useless red dot is super irritating. The solution may be to uninstall the Creative Cloud app, which appears to be the only way to get its icon off the menu bar. I may end up doing that anyway, but does that also kill being able to update apps? I hestitate to find out. Adobe has not only foisted the red dot imposition on users, it doesn't even bother to provide basic information about this behavior or what can be done about it and what the consequences might be. If anyone from Adobe is reading this, what kind of thinking leads to this kind of situation? That may sound like a rhetorical question, but it's really not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you turn off (quit) Creative Cloud and turn on macOS Notifications and live happily forever.
There's nothing more to it, as you can read in this post.
No need to uninstall Creative Cloud.

Waiting for Adobe to fix this issue could take as long as fixing their applications to start up in the right Space/Desktop (you remember Spaces?).

The Creative Cloud app interface is more of a big Adobe commercial some users would like to get rid of anyway — like the ambivalent ones who made up their mind when Adobe moved to subscriptions and found replacements for most of what Adobe is advertising in Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the "how to"! I turned off everything that can be turned off in Creative Cloud prefs and quit it. Now it remains to be seen how Mac OS Notifications might help. The only Adobe apps listed in Notifications prefs are for Adobe Acrobat Synchronizer (which I removed from Login Itemes, no need for it as a solo operator), Adobe Desktop Service (the purpose of which is unclear even after searching for info), and Creative Cloud. They are all set to provide alerts, which presumably means I will get an alert when an Adobe CC app I have installed is updated. Time will tell. Crazy how Adobe sabotaged their own alert system, driving users away instead of helping them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I received notification today of updates to six apps. It came from Creative Cloud as mac os notifications. Creative Cloud had been quit (one has to ignore the warning it puts up) after turning off all notifications and updates. Installing the updates left Creative Cloud up and running, so I quit it again (which removes it from the menu bar). So for anyone wondering how this all works out, there it is. (I should note that my fully upgraded mid-2010 Mac Pro is running Mojave. It cannot run Catalina.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines