• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does creative cloud run so many processes when no Adobe apps are running?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disabled all Sync features, and yet there are at least 8 processes running on my Mac related to Adobe.

I installed LightRoom and use it perhaps once a week—I want exactly 0 processes running from Adobe while I am not using the app.  Why is so much bloat included and which processes can be safely removed without rendering LightRoom inoperable?

Example processes:

• Adobe Desktop Service
  • AdobeCRDaemon (2x)
  • AdobeIPCBroker
  • AdobeUpdateDaemon
  • CCLibrary
  • CCXProcess
  • Core Sync
  • Core Sync Helper
  • node
TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would you move this?  This is related to Creative Cloud the application... and is specifically related to not wanting a bunch of processes running from that application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no answer from stuff?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I remove all this CC crap on my Mac system? it's slowing my computer down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bump.

The worst part is that somewhere along the way, they made the decision to force these processes to start any time the system reboots.  Thus, every time the system reboots, I must force kill all of them.  Plus, loading LightRoom doesn't even bring most of them back, so they are clearly totally unnecessary to LightRoom.

6 years, no response.  Bad stewards of our systems resources for your own selfish purposes.  I wish I could say I was surprised, but I'm not.  This maybe went into a backlog somewhere, but was chalked up as "Won't Fix" because most people don't know you're doing it.  Because only a handful of people have the skills to know/care, you feel justified to treat everyone poorly.  Typical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines