Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Why does creative cloud run so many processes when no Adobe apps are running?

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disabled all Sync features, and yet there are at least 8 processes running on my Mac related to Adobe.

I installed LightRoom and use it perhaps once a week—I want exactly 0 processes running from Adobe while I am not using the app.  Why is so much bloat included and which processes can be safely removed without rendering LightRoom inoperable?

Example processes:

• Adobe Desktop Service
  • AdobeCRDaemon (2x)
  • AdobeIPCBroker
  • AdobeUpdateDaemon
  • CCLibrary
  • CCXProcess
  • Core Sync
  • Core Sync Helper
  • node
TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would you move this?  This is related to Creative Cloud the application... and is specifically related to not wanting a bunch of processes running from that application.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no answer from stuff?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do I remove all this CC crap on my Mac system? it's slowing my computer down.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines