Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Why is Core Sync such a dumpster fire?

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of these machines is a 16gb older macbook pro running the latest, the other was unboxed a couple days ago an is a 32gb m1 max with only the latest Adobe Creative Cloud on it installed on it and it's the same issue, 30 different instance of Core Sync helper as well as "Using Significant Energy". Never mind these 2 machines Core Sync has been a resource draining dumpster fire for years and years.

Trying to trouble shoot this over the years some of the soutions offered by support include; 

- Most of the support just denys this is an issue. 

- Some suggest these are not genuine 

- some suggest to close these out from Activity Montior (every time??), like what kind of solution is this?

This is such a wide spread issue a simple Google search produces 3rd party guides "How to fix High CPU disable Core Sync which solve this by disabling Core Sync which defeats the point of having it. 

Stack Exchange talks about this problem

From others in the community 

This is still unresolved years later. I was wondering why my brand new MacBook Pro sounds like an aircraft taking off, it's because Adobe is hogging 95%+ of my CPU! Please provide a legitamite fix, this is ridiculous.

Community Beginner , 
Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

I am having the same issue.

Such a dumpster fire I wish Adobe Developers would ACTUALLY solve this instead of skirting the issue. 

It's been ongoing for years and years

2017 complaining about this 

There are some from 2015 as well. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 11.23.37 AM.pngadobe-developers-suck.png

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also: WTF is Core Sync Helper running when I don't have ANY Adobe products running?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines