• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will fonts purchased for a MAC work on a PC once they are transferred through Adobe Creative Cloud?

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.

I would really appreciate your help with fonts in Adobe Creative Cloud.

I usually always work on a MAC using Adobe Illustrator. I have been working on several projects where I had to purchase and install fonts on my MAC.

Here are my concerns:

1. Can I upload these projects to Adobe Creative Cloud and then download them to my PC to work on them in Adobe Illustrator on my PC?
  2. Will the fonts purchased for the MAC automatically transfer to Adobe Illustrator on my PC through Adobe Creative Cloud or will they be shown as missing fonts from the projects?
  3. In other words, if the fonts don't transfer to the PC, will I have to purchase the same fonts for my PC to be able to continue working in Adobe Illustrator on the PC?

I hope my questions are not too confusing.

I would really appreciate your feedback.

Thank you.

Norm Attarmigiroglu

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Please check out the following comments.

{ 1. Can I upload these projects to Adobe Creative Cloud and then download them to my PC to work on them in Adobe Illustrator on my PC?}

Answer:- Yes, you can download the projects from Adobe Creative Cloud to your PC in order to work on them.

If you save your project through the Adobe app, the project will show under cloud documents, and if you move your project to the Creative Cloud files folder on your pc, you will find the project under synced files in Adobe Creative Cloud.

Check this  article for more info:- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/about-cloud-documents.html

2.{Will the fonts purchased for the MAC automatically transfer to Adobe Illustrator on my PC through Adobe Creative Cloud, or will they be shown as missing fonts from the projects?}

Answer:- You have to download the Creative Cloud Desktop Application on your PC in order to sync all the fonts in all Adobe apps also when you activate fonts from Adobe Fonts, they will appear in the font menus of all your desktop applications, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Microsoft Office, and iWork.

Please check some of the helpful articles for more info:-

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines