• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will the Creative Cloud and Auth Services high resource usage EVER be resolved or improved?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, long time user of Adobe products... started w Photoshop in 1997 and Illustrator in 1999. Have used them for 20 years in my capacity as a UX Designer. In the last few years things have gotten... very hard. The reason is the Creative Cloud app and the Genuine software authentication processes running in the background and taking up to 30%... 40% of my laptop's resources. 

To be clear, my laptop is a beast of a Dell. It has a powerful, multi-core chip, a good video card, and 32GB of RAM. It can handle running many powerful programs at the same time with no issues. Until the CC suite is installed. Then my fan starts whirring like a hair dryer and never, ever stops. If I look at the Resource Manager it is ALWAYS the Adobe Genuine Software Auth service or a host of other related background services that are what is using all my computer's resources. it's NEVER, EVER any other process. ALWAYS Adobe.

I've been asking about this and complaing for about 3 years now and in that time I've read dozens upon dozens of other complaints.

So far I have not seen a single solution to this issue. Tech support resp make suggestions but NONE of them work. I can try to staop things from running on start but guess what... they start up again. 

I don't understand what's going on at Adobe. How can you justify your software absolutely CRUSHING people's computers like this??? Ironically, when I have XD or PS or whatever running those programs themselves use a perfectly acceptable amount of resources. It's the background processes that are absolutely killing my computer and making it all but unusable.

It's so bad that I'm using Figma and Axure and Photopea for everything I do now and if I absolutely have to use an Adobe product for some reason I will install the tool (plus all the background stuff I don't want but am forced to use) do the task, and then uninstall the entire suite as soon as possible.

Surely this is not a sustainable business model?

And what about all the complaints? a quick google search for "creative cloud high resource usage" will pull up endless complaints just like this one.

Is anything ever going to be done about this?

I'd like to hear from a sernior PM or someone who actually knows something rather than another Tier 1 flunky telling me the same tired boilerplate solutions that don't work.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's so funny that you provided that link because the discussion therin is FULL of legit complaints just like mine about how much of a massive resource hog the core sync and background processes are.

Nobody at Adobe will ever admit that they are doing anything wrong. 

How many times do we have to say it... there is no excuse for the Creative Cloud or ANY Adobe process to be using 30 or 40 or more % of my computer's resources all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have those problems with latest Win10 which makes me think something is configured differently on your end.  

Have you reached out to technical support about this?

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Phone M-F, during normal business hours: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, i have. multiple times. and as I stated above all that's ever been done is to read me unhelpful boilerplate suggestions that do not fix the problem.

the problem is not me or my windows 10 configuration

seriously... check this out... it's a big problem for many people. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=adobe+creative+cloud+high+resource+usage

every one of  the people on my UX team are experiencing this. we do not all have the same machine but we all have good machines. and they are all being crushed by the CC background processes. most of us have been keeping it uninstalled and using other toolsets. we're working towards converting older files to other formats so that some time in the next year we can cancel our team subscription and stop using CC entirely. and i have plenty of friends in the industry who are of the same mind.

i hope that someday Adobe will realize that they have a big problem here and resolve it.

you cannot use 30 or 40% or more of my computer's resources 100% of the time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>hope that someday Adobe will realize

This is a public forum with "some" Adobe staff participation, use the link below to make a report or request

-https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines