• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workaround to Simulate "BLOG" Function on Adobe Portfolio website?

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Adobe Portfolio to host my photography website(s) [easier and cheaper than Squarespace, etc.], but one major LACK is any blogging functionality.

My question: do you think I could "simulate" the look and function of a "BLOG" within my website by simply creating a page called BLOG (visible from homepage), and then filling that page with a gallery of other webpages (NON visible from homepage) which would function as the "posts" in the blog?

I hope that's clear...

Basically, I want to be able to "BLOG" each client's wedding story, or BLOG about projects im working on, etc. but Adobe Port doesn't have a blog function,

Anyone here have any workarounds?

TOPICS
Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there's no significant programic difference between a blog and a regular webpage.  the conceptual difference is that a blog is updated regularly.  ie, if you create a page, or pages, that you update on a regular basis, it's a blog.

so, just create a webpage, add text and regularly add more text.  there's your blog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@adriennecatanesephoto,

Portfolio  -- as its name implies -- is a Portfolio platform, nothing more. You can create new pages and discuss whatever you want. But Blogging requires a backend framework for user comments and posts sorted by keywords, titles, dates, etc...  Portfolio is not equipped for that. And it's unlikely that it ever will be.

I don't know many people who blog anymore, it's mostly been replaced by posting on social media (YouTube, Instagram, Facebook & Twitter).  But if you're really keen on having a blog, use free Blogger or WordPress.com in addition to your Portfolio. 

Hope that helps.  Good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines