• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong start menu tile colors after latest Windows update

Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing the latest Windows 10 update (20H2) on 2 different computers (with completelty different hardware) some of the tiles of Adobe products are displayed with brighter colors than the rest. I'm not sure if this is Adobe error or Microsoft error.

In the attached sreenshot you can see that Illustrator, Premier, AE, Audition have wrong background (lighter and the correct is darker like Photoshop).

Screenshot_1.png

How I tried fixing it: Removing the tiles and re-adding them. Updated to the latest version from the CC app. Multiple restarts. Re-installing the CC apps. Nothing helped. The problem persists on both my desktop PC (AMD CPU + nVidia 1080) and on my notebook (core i7 + AMD GPU).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

This was a deliberate design change by Microsoft with the Windows 10 20H2 update where tiles with dark iconography automatically have a lighter background added for contrast.
Please see the MS thread kglad mentioned for additional context

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-menu-tiles-glitch/b7e670c2-cf39-4a17-8282-aa892a13e42e?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, so I posted a question on Microsoft's official forum. You can find the response by accessing the link. Can you help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it seems to be an Adobe issue, not a Microsoft one.

Let's see what they say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still no reply?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i replied 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One week later the problem is still not fixed and still no reply from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user-to-user forums and the op was answered within hours (if not minutes) of his/her post.

if you don't like the answer and if you think this is an adobe bug, post here https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I submited the bug. But I will keep this thread opened, maybe someone will come up with a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As your post has nothing to do with Downloading & Installing Adobe software I moved this conversation over to a different forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Sorry, didn't really know where to put it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: 15 days after posting about the issue we still have no response and no fix from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Srajan5FF2_0-1620205398162.png

It's still the same 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's because you're still using 20h2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same issue as the author of this thread since updating Windows 10 to 20h2 last year.
This is happening to every PC i own (Dell XPS desktop, Surface Pro 7, etc.)
I tried to resize apps tiles, removing and re-adding them, and even uninstall the apps from the PC didn't solve the problem.
I waited to see if Adobe was aware of this issue and solved this but not even the last update today didn't solve this : Premiere 15.2, After Effects 18.2, Illustrator 25.2.3

Changing the Windows Theme color to light mode makes this problem invisible but when switching back to dark mode or mixed dark Windows / light windows, the problem comes back. 

Both my PC are now running on Windows 21H1 Insiders (Release Preview ring) for a few days now and the update didn't change anything regarding this issue.
Capture d’écran 2021-05-11 100834.png
I hope that this thread and reply will help the Adobe Design / Dev Team to solve this issue. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was a deliberate design change by Microsoft with the Windows 10 20H2 update where tiles with dark iconography automatically have a lighter background added for contrast.
Please see the MS thread kglad mentioned for additional context

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-menu-tiles-glitch/b7e670c2-cf...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines