Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

65 Go Adobe cache - safe to delete ?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone !

Was wondering if it's safe to delete those 65,58 Go of Adobe cache ? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Update : i did delete that with no major issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

@anaïsberger and others,

when considering the deletion of something you may not want deleted, i recommend compressing it/them first and then deleting. 

i like to prefix the file name with an underscore and then zip or rar it.  that way it's easy and quick to find (leaving it in the same directory) and restore (if needed).  that way if your computer trash is cleared, you still have they files/folders until you explicitly delete the zip or rar.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cache files are GENERALLY safe to delete, since they will be re-created as needed

But... what program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello John,

thanks for your answer! What do you mean by what program ?

The cache folder only specified "Adobe" so i think it's for multiple adobe applications i'm using. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am only familiar with cache files when using Premiere Pro, which are created as needed

You might want to ask in the forums that are specific to the programs you use

To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked in community because indeed this folder seem to be for all Adobe Suite programs (i use a lot of them).

So not one specific program. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update : i did delete that with no major issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@anaïsberger and others,

when considering the deletion of something you may not want deleted, i recommend compressing it/them first and then deleting. 

i like to prefix the file name with an underscore and then zip or rar it.  that way it's easy and quick to find (leaving it in the same directory) and restore (if needed).  that way if your computer trash is cleared, you still have they files/folders until you explicitly delete the zip or rar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines