• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Assets: PSD export to image(PNG, JPG) crashes webpage

Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2015 Jan 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly it is great that Adobe Assets was released so that it would be possible to view PSD files.

Have a PSD file opened in Adobe Assets on Google Chrome(Linux). I am trying to use the option of exporting the PSD to an image format, but the Actions -> Download -> PNG/JPG crashes the webpage.

Any workaround other than using Adobe Photoshop? I guess I can ask the creator of the PSD to export it.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2015 Jan 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our browser compatibility requirements here http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html#System only mention Mac and Windows, but Chrome should work on Linux.

Which version of Chrome are you using and which flavor / version of Linux?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2015 Jan 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Operating system: Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS
Browser: Google Chrome (stable) - 39.0.2171.99

Also tried on the following with the same results:
Mozilla Firefox - 35.0

I don't think it is an issue with the browser. The URL that is opened returns with an error.

On Chrome the output is: This webpage is not available ... details => Error code: ERR_INVALID_RESPONSE (Not a "Aw snap!...", the tab is functional)
On Firefox: File not found

Should I post the full URL?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the OS and browser version specifics; and the additional error information.

Is the crash happening when loading the public url (1), or once you choose a Download option (2)?

1. Crash happens when loading a public url such as https://assets.adobe.com/link/2b1ac1b0-2a52-47dc-ac0b-b4bd1a2f3698?section=activity_public
  2. Crash happens once you choose the jpg or png format from the Download drop down (see screenshot).

Screenshot 2015-01-21 13.11.31.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2015 Jan 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get to the PSD from my own Assets account, the file is Private.

Kinda Option 2, without being viewed from the publicly available perspective.

Note that the new Linux version of Chrome Stable makes no difference.
Version 40.0.2214.91

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2015 Jan 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set up Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS using the iso image from here Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS (Trusty Tahr). Using either Chrome or Firefox I am able to download both a png and jpg image of a psd file from the private file one-up page.

2015-01-22_142923.png

First steps to try are rebooting the machine, and clearing all cache / cookies from the browser.

Next thing to try is to choose Actions > Download and from the Chrome Dev Tools for the download you should see:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2015 Jan 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, well I didn't mention that I have Xubuntu not just plain Ubuntu, believing that this sounds more of a non-graphics library related problem. Perhaps I was wrong in not mentioning it.

Tried to export using Google Chrome's Incognito window.
Status code: net::ERR_INVALID_RESPONSE

And also tried to export using Firefox's Private window, even with cache cleared.

Status code: 404 Not Found

Sending request information to your email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2015 Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh I see,

Ken G. Rice‌

I am only able to extract PSD and PSB files to JPG/PNG that have a preview image in the asset browser.
Examples:

I am able to extract this PSB, which has a preview image in asset browser - http://adobe.ly/1E1JLED

I am unable to extract this PSB, which has the "Unknown" preview image in asset browser - http://adobe.ly/1Dhe8c8

Strangely when I now try those public links, I am able to extract them to JPG/PNG.

My collegue who has a Macintosh was able to reproduce the error in the Chrome browser. So steps to reproduce:

1. Download the footer.psb, this seems to generate a broken preview, the "footer-mobil.psb" seems fine.
2. Upload it to Adobe Assets.
3. Open the file in Adobe Assets,
4. Extract -> Download -> JPG/PNG

5. Witness the request error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do not want to post the url you may email it to me at kenrice@adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2015 Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ken wrote:

Thank you for the additional information. As mentioned in my first forum reply we support common modern browsers on Mac and Windows, we do not officially support Linux.

Please send me the link for the iso of the version of Xubuntu you are using. I will try to replicate the error you are seeing.

I understand that you don't support it, but this just doesn't seem like a Linux related error. Have you really tried to perform an HTTP request with almost exact details as I sent in my E-Mail? Though even as a web developer, I don't know how to perform a custom HTTP request

Anyway I will try to download a design from another PC that has Ubuntu 14.04.1 and report back. I guess I could also try on this PC through a Live CD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines