• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC 2015 Sync Settings no longer working

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to Adobe CC 2015, this post is another issue amongst many others I'm having with the CC 2015 update. Finally managed to get Premiere Pro CC 2015 up and running on my laptop, but unable to download my user prefs from the Cloud. Opened up Premiere Pro CC 2014 from my desktop, uploaded my user prefs to the Cloud, but still unable to download them to my laptop.

PLEASE HELP!

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Just FYI gang- never got a proper or helpful reply from anyone, but digging into these old recommends (some from before cc even existed), this is the only thing that's worked for me (the manual sync option outlined here):

Preset and customizable keyboard shortcuts in Premiere Pro CC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin,

Is there any error message coming up?

Please post a screenshot if possible.

Refer: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-crash-core-sync.html

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No error message coming up. When I go "Sync Settings Now", I select "Download Settings", then Premiere Pro CC 2015 will prompt me that the current project must close in order to apply these settings. When I reopen the current project, none my settings or workspaces are there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too.  All my keyboard settings are gone along with other preferences.  It won't sync to my settings in the cloud.  Adobe, you need to fix this ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  Any fixes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  No error message - it'll go through the motions of downloading my settings, but doesn't change a thing.  I still have CC 2014 installed, and everything is present there.  I've uploaded and downloaded a couple of times and still they don't migrate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completed a fresh install of CC 2015, still no luck with downloading my user prefs from the cloud. Application goes through the motions and reopening my project in Premiere and still no sign of my keyboard shortcuts or workspaces. Keeping my fingers crossed that my user prefs are at least stored somewhere in Adobe land and that a fix is on the way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues here. I am using an iMac from 2010 with the most recent OS and the most recent version of Premier Pro 2015. I try to sync settings, and everything appears to go through just fine, no errors, but none of my preferences have applied. This is very concerning and detrimental to workflow and efficiency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Earth calling Adobe... do you read..
Or in other words did we lose all the settings or is there some sort of backup having in the cloud? (yes peeps reality  becomes the cloud)

A backup seems like a good idea anyway since I'm working here and there and errors are easily made downloading or uploading settings by mistake.
I would like to hardcopy my workspaces, shortcuts, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2015 Jun 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same please help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  If I click on the sync settings link on the welcome page, the next page comes up blank like this:

01.jpg

02.jpg

Hitting the red X in the corner of that box takes me back to the previous screen above.  Frustrating.  All my shortcuts, all my presets gone right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't get it to sync that way, but I found this post and was able to get my keyboard shortcuts back.  No luck with my saved Workspaces though.

Re: Import keyboard shortcuts from CC 2014 to CC 2015

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! this worked for me.  For the lazy...

Manually copy keyboard shortcuts

You can copy your customized keyboard shortcuts from one computer to another computer, or to another location on your computer.

• Locate the keyboard shortcuts file (.kys) that you want to copy to another computer.
    The location of the customized keyboard shortcuts file depends on whether you've signed in to  Creative Cloud Sync Settings in Premiere Pro CC or not.Signed into Creative Cloud Sync Settings
    • Win: Users\[user name]\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\[version]\Profile-CreativeCloud-\Win\
    • Mac: Users/[user name]/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/[version]/Profile-CreativeCloud-/Mac/
    Signed out of Creative Cloud Sync Settings
    • Win: Users\[user name]\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\[version]\Profile-username\Win\
    • Mac: Users/[user name]/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/[version]/Profile-username/Mac/
    [version] can be 7.0 or 8.0

• Copy the keyboard shortcuts file (.kys) and paste into the required file location.
    To copy the keyboard shortcuts file to a location on a different computer, copy the .kys file to a removable drive, like a USB thumb drive. Then, copy the .kys file from the removable drive to the appropriate location in the new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌for me, the .kys files are already in the right place, they're just not recognized within premiere...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem but with Illustrator. I go through all the necessary steps, no dice. It worked perfectly for Photoshop. Indesign required several attempts but then it worked. But no matter how many times I try. Illustrator doesn't work. Hopefully Adobe get's a fix to this bug soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌+1 for this issue, having followed the same steps as everyone else with the same result. I can see my settings files have been downloaded when I search for them in finder, but they don't load/ arent recognized by premiere... help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2015 Sep 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a variation from an earlier post but here's what worked for me: 

Have Premiere Closed.  Go to your 2015 folder...  Documents > Adobe > Premiere Pro > 9.0.  Delete all contents.

Copy all contents of your 8.0 folder (2014) & paste into 9.0.  This will get your settings into PPro 2015.

Now for syncing:  I didn't do the following yet but here is something to try:  Make 1 new unique "test" keyboard shortcut in 2015 & sync (upload) to the cloud.  Then a way check would be on another computer with PPro 2015.  Login with your CC account and sync settings (download).  Try that new "test" keyboard shortcut.  If it works your CC is now syncing with 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2015 Sep 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now thinking about it...  After uploading the test shortcut to CC, set it back to default.  Now download settings from CC.  This avoids having to use another computer to do the test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know if this is a bug or if there is a fix? The solution above works for one person who already has settings perhaps, but in my case, I just need it to work properly.

I had a classroom of students set their settings for the first time (created adobe accounts, logged in using "use settings from a different account," made changes and then uploaded the changes using "sync settings now.")

Everything looks like it works, but logging into a different machine, it becomes clear that the settings are not syncing at all. My sync settings don't work either, and no luck for my colleagues as well.

This was a critical part of our workflow with 2014 and I would love an answer for my 100+ students that edit on multiple lab computers. I would really hate to return to having them go through all the settings every time they change computers!

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here, but only with keyboard shortcuts (CC2015 imported well my AME presets and workspaces).

In my case I just get the message "The settings are already applied" after an attempt to sync. Hopefully my keyboard shortcuts are still alive in CC2014.

The popularity of this thread shows it looks like it's a major problem. Hope it will get fixed in a patch fairly soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here (Premiere CC 2015 9.1 and 9.2, OSX 10.5)...

Waiting for a fix...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2016 Mar 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brand new computer, fresh everything and can't sync my settings.  Very frustrating.  Even when I manually drag the old folders over and replace the ones on my new computer it doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines