• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC storage space alerts

Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  I am confused about my storage space on my Adobe CC account as I am frequently getting alerts that I am running out of storage. I currently have a student version (20 GB limit.) When I click on the Creative Cloud info on my desktop, the dialogue box indicates that I am only using 3.22 GB (see this link for screenshot: http://prntscr.com/6qu59h). When I click on the Adobe Cloud icon and search settings, I see this (http://prntscr.com/6qu7w9) 94.75% of 20 MB.   Can you help me to better understand the difference in numbers?   Thank you.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

When you delete files (and folders) from the Creative Cloud Files folder on your desktop the items are not immediately deleted but moved into the Archive (think Trash on Mac OS X or Recycle Bin on Windows). The Archive is not on your computer but in the Creative Cloud file storage.

Open a browser and visit Adobe Creative Cloud. You can then Permanently Delete items from the Archive by [1] selecting those you want to delete and choosing Permanently Delete, or [2] if you want to remove everything j

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you delete files (and folders) from the Creative Cloud Files folder on your desktop the items are not immediately deleted but moved into the Archive (think Trash on Mac OS X or Recycle Bin on Windows). The Archive is not on your computer but in the Creative Cloud file storage.

Open a browser and visit Adobe Creative Cloud. You can then Permanently Delete items from the Archive by [1] selecting those you want to delete and choosing Permanently Delete, or [2] if you want to remove everything just choose Empty Archive.

archive_delete.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2015 Apr 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your reply was helpful.

Further questions:

If I understand correctly, when I want to "trash" a file, I will have to delete it from two places: Desktop trash AND the Adobe archived files as well?

I have a number of files that were not properly named and I don't know what is in the file or folder without restoring the file. Is there a way to open the file in the archived files list without restoring it completely and then having to go through the two-step process of deleting it from my desktop trash as well as the Adobe archives?

Hope my question makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2015 Apr 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Archive is flattened so you cannot see the contents of a folder without restoring it. I have emailed you a list of the contents of your Archive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phew — what a timesaver — Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2016 May 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!  I am trying to follow the above instructions to permanently delete some files. Ok, there's this message that comes out " failed to delete mobile creation ". What does it mean? I've tried to do it with the mobile but there was no indications on archived files.. What are your advice? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue.  My storage is full because it will not let me delete anything from Archive and I don't know what it is referring to with "failed to delete mobile creation".  It gives me this message no matter what I am attempting to delete.  Please help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@nicoleb16277652 - I have replied to your other post on the same topic at https://forums.adobe.com/message/8839487#8839487.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2016 Aug 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken,

I keep getting a prompt that says "Out of Storage", but when I go to my archive, there is nothing there. I permanently deleted my archive items and still do not have storage space. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2016 Aug 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problem here. Any help is appreciated

Screen Shot 2016-08-04 at 15.31.14.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After waiting on the phone for 35 minutes with a Representative (no help there), I started messing around with shared files in my archive. I have a student/teacher account and it turned out that the shared files were taking up a copious amount of space. I deleted them and the problem was resolved. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try that now. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken,

You seem to know what your doing..... I have a quik question for you.. maybe you can assist me.  I am being told that I am also out of memory in CC when I have only used 241.3mb out of 20.0 GB and I just deleted a few files in my Archive.  So why do you think I keep getting this message?  Ive hit a wall with this one and I've seached for info and I've gotten no where.  Thanks a ton!! C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, my storage was full, i deleted files, but it keep saying me it's full... and Archive files are empty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just started getting the Creative Cloud Out of Space message.

When I go to Archives....and most other folders, I'm told that nothing is there.

I do not see how much storage I am using under Settings.

I can only see three files.  I have no shared libraries... I archived one picture and it isn't showing up in archives.  Trying to navigate out there is very confusing. I'd like to just be able to see a list of exactly what I have and how big each of the files or folders is, and be able to delete items, but I am not finding that information.  Is there a tutorial somewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Susan,

Does it show how much space is used here if you log in with your Adobe ID?

Adobe Creative Cloud

Best,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines