• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CEF Helper high CPU usage whilst idle. No CC apps open... HELP

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2015 Macbook Pro Retina 13", i7,16GB - and I've noticed Adobe CEF Helper is using 13-18% CPU whilst no CC apps are open.

I have signed out, quit and relaunched Adobe CC app and signed back in. This temporarily fixed the problem and lower the usage to 0.1% (yesterday) today the problem has returned.

AND I haven't even used any CC apps today.

Why is this happening? Is there a permanent fix.

Thanks

P.S - I have all the latest updates installed.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed that if file syncing is turned off from the CC app, this reduces the CEF helper cpu usage back down to about 1%, though this shouldn't be necessary -.-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine was using much more CPU power but then i do have an old PC. I had to unclick luanch at startup & will manually check for updates until Adobe fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2015 May 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Iv'e been noticing this as well.  I have Photoshop installed on my Windows and Mac computer.  This is pissing me off and for this reason i'm canceling my subscription.

I'm sorry but I write software and no way in hell should a background process be utilizing 5% of my modern CPU.  I only use Photoshop for basic stuff, not worth this crap.  Iv'e been slowly uninstalling all Adobe products off my computer as they are major bloat ware and slow down your computer even when you don't use them.  I'll stick to Win8 or Chrome PDF reader, Gimp, Paint.NET ect or other Open Source software that don't do this simple stuff I need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2015 May 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, Adobe CEF Helper is constantly using around 6.5%, and Creative Cloud around 1.5%. That's 8% and I haven't even opened a CC application since rebooting.

Mac Pro 3,1

Yosemite

Everything fully updated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2015 May 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeing the exact same thing. Latest Yosemite, latest Creative Cloud. Force-quitting Adobe CEF Helper via Activity Monitor puts it in its place for a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2015 Jun 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exactly! it's been eating up my resources, what's up there!

can i force delete it?

Adobe is doing nothing?

We are paying customers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2015 May 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aaaand the same here - just found it using 10-20%, nothing but the CC desktop app running in the taskbar. The earlier reports on these same forums, are from 2013 - I guess an old bug crept back in somehow.

Windows 7 x64 here, but that doesn't seem to matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2015 Jun 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Win8.2 - latest version Lightroom. And it's not even running!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2015 Jun 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see theads of this CEF eating up processor time since 2013(!)....   so no CC for me.  I'm going back to Lightroom 5.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2015 Jun 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on an old Core 2 Duo Dell with Windows 8.1 and am fully up-to-date on CC.  Without launching any CC applications, CEF helper sits there in the background eating 10-20% CPU. I try to stop the process. It goes away and comes back again. Takes a good 3-4 tries before it stays away. What is this CEF helper helping exactly?! I can still launch the CC programs after it's been quit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2015 Jun 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine was working fine until I updated CC today on my PC. Now I can't get any work done... my computer keeps freezing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2015 Jun 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also noticed a high CPU usage of the CEF Helper.

I could reduce the CPU consumption by clicking in the menubar on the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop icon and navigate to Assets > Files. Once the files are synced, the CPU consumption will reduce to a normal level.

Adobe "solved" this issue in the latest version of the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop (2.1.0.108) by automatic open the app on each wake up and start up , see the annoying bug: Re: Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Window Opens Automatically on Startup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I do now is click on the "Pause" option and then sync once I finished working on anything that needs syncing. I used to have it sync my work docs, so as I edit them it synced automatically, which ate up my CPU. By pausing the sync feature you only do it when you're ready.

The CC processes can eat up to 40-50%+ of my CPU, which isn't ideal.

Maybe someone at Adobe could respond to this and explain why the CC environment runs at such an excessive amount of a users CPU?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mmm in the latest version of CC Desktop 2.3.0.151 the high CPU is back again Even the Creative Desktop is able to drain my power of my Macbook with sky high CPU usage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2015 Oct 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CC Mac user,

Does this seem related to file sync? If you turn it off in the preferences does it drop down to a much lower level? Is this occurring when files are actively syncing or even when the Creative Cloud app appears to be idle?

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2015 Oct 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave__B,

this is without doubt an idle issue:

- there is no sync action in progress (no fonts or files)

- no CC apps are open (except Adobe CC Desktop)

- the high CPU occurs after a sleep / wake up of my Mac

- after navigate to CC Desktop (via menu icon) to Assets > Files + Fonts + Market the CPU decreases to a normal (and expected) level for an idle process. This step works always in order to reduce the CPU usage.

- the CPU remains low after the above step till the next sleep!!!!

BTW the High CPU of the CC Desktop was solved by a log-out of CC, restart and log-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having a similar problem, with a low but constant CPU usage (10-20%) when basically nothing is happening (no file syncing) - on a 2014 MBP retina with Yosemite. I've been having this problem since I've started to use the Creative Cloud app. It' never gone away, and it's the reason I never use the app except when updating Apps.

In addition I still have from time to time the problem where when clicking on the icon the panel opens on one of my full-frame apps instead of the desktop (or whichever "space" I was in). It's been like this since day one and hasn't been corrected as well.

Sometimes, the Creative Cloud icon remains greyed out - despite being fully functional.

It just feels like Flash, but for photography. Basically something that mostly consumes a whole bunch of resources doing strictly nothing and is riddled with bugs. Sorry for venting a little, but this near constant dedication for badly optimised software from Adobe is just really annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2015 Oct 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem with Audtion. I'm running Windows 7x64 and CEF Helper is using 56K ; Desktop Services is using 33K and a second CEF Helper process is using 33K

This is a problem.

Audition isn't even running.

Why I click on CEF Helper or Desktop services and try to end the process it stops and then restarts immediately.

Frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have contacted the relevant team regarding this issue and hopefully they will get back to you asap.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing the same thing with version 2.3.0.151 and Yosemite 10.10.5.  Adobe CEF Helper is using a consistent 20-30% cpu while no adobe apps are running and haven't touched anything in the cloud files.  Fusion is running a whole other virtual Mac in the background and is only using 2-3% cpu, Dropbox is showing 0.1-1% cpu while idle.   Please test this stuff with your desktops before you consume our resources Adobe!

Turned off file sync and it didn't seem to change.  Exited CC and started CC and high cpu seems to have cleared, but I'll bet it is back tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is obviously still a problem. I have the same problem.
So: am I not finding the answer or is Adobe doing nada about this???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run into the same issue twice this week. Once, clearing my Cache under Preferences>File Handling resolved the issue. Second time, a few minutes ago I logged into Adobe CC and problem gone; STRANGE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines