Highlighted

Adobe CEF Helper high CPU usage whilst idle. No CC apps open... HELP

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2015 Macbook Pro Retina 13", i7,16GB - and I've noticed Adobe CEF Helper is using 13-18% CPU whilst no CC apps are open.

I have signed out, quit and relaunched Adobe CC app and signed back in. This temporarily fixed the problem and lower the usage to 0.1% (yesterday) today the problem has returned.

AND I haven't even used any CC apps today.

Why is this happening? Is there a permanent fix.

Thanks

P.S - I have all the latest updates installed.

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe CEF Helper high CPU usage whilst idle. No CC apps open... HELP

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2015 Macbook Pro Retina 13", i7,16GB - and I've noticed Adobe CEF Helper is using 13-18% CPU whilst no CC apps are open.

I have signed out, quit and relaunched Adobe CC app and signed back in. This temporarily fixed the problem and lower the usage to 0.1% (yesterday) today the problem has returned.

AND I haven't even used any CC apps today.

Why is this happening? Is there a permanent fix.

Thanks

P.S - I have all the latest updates installed.

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed that if file syncing is turned off from the CC app, this reduces the CEF helper cpu usage back down to about 1%, though this shouldn't be necessary -.-

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine was using much more CPU power but then i do have an old PC. I had to unclick luanch at startup & will manually check for updates until Adobe fix this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Iv'e been noticing this as well.  I have Photoshop installed on my Windows and Mac computer.  This is pissing me off and for this reason i'm canceling my subscription.

I'm sorry but I write software and no way in hell should a background process be utilizing 5% of my modern CPU.  I only use Photoshop for basic stuff, not worth this crap.  Iv'e been slowly uninstalling all Adobe products off my computer as they are major bloat ware and slow down your computer even when you don't use them.  I'll stick to Win8 or Chrome PDF reader, Gimp, Paint.NET ect or other Open Source software that don't do this simple stuff I need.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, Adobe CEF Helper is constantly using around 6.5%, and Creative Cloud around 1.5%. That's 8% and I haven't even opened a CC application since rebooting.

Mac Pro 3,1

Yosemite

Everything fully updated

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeing the exact same thing. Latest Yosemite, latest Creative Cloud. Force-quitting Adobe CEF Helper via Activity Monitor puts it in its place for a while.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exactly! it's been eating up my resources, what's up there!

can i force delete it?

Adobe is doing nothing?

We are paying customers!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aaaand the same here - just found it using 10-20%, nothing but the CC desktop app running in the taskbar. The earlier reports on these same forums, are from 2013 - I guess an old bug crept back in somehow.

Windows 7 x64 here, but that doesn't seem to matter.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Win8.2 - latest version Lightroom. And it's not even running!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see theads of this CEF eating up processor time since 2013(!)....   so no CC for me.  I'm going back to Lightroom 5.7

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines