Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe core sync heats up CPU enormously

Participant ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I hadn't found something about this theme, so I create a new thread.

As named in the title, the core sync process is responsible for heating my cpu up to 100°C.
It always does this when the CC app are syncronizing cloud files.

I always wondered what causes this but now I found out, when I force end the process of core sync,
It goes back to normal temperature very quickly (normal usage is 30-50°C on this machine).

Why does it heats it up that much? A CPU which running that often on 100°C could not have a long life.

This is very questionable to me.

My machine: Dell G3 (Laptop) from 2018, Core i7 8750-H, 16 GB RAM, Geforce GTX1060, 4 months old.

coresync.png

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a chat with the technical support about this and after cleaning up the whole cloud and all applications (which didn't fixed it),
I got the answer "then there is no other way than wait until sync is finished". This is absolutely unacceptable.
The Laptop is very new and if it heatens up it's cpu like this over each cloud sync, the cpu can be damaged after 1 year.

But I guess, adobe is not interested in handling this topic until I send them the demand bill for a new cpu incl. collected evidence that Adobe's core sync process is responsible for damaging the current one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue. My machine's fans start to purr roughly 30s after Core Sync starts up. It uses 99.9% of my CPU and doesn't stop. Ever. It eventually sounds like a jet.

So what should I do?

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018), 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, Radeon Pro 555X 4 GB + Intel UHD Graphics 630. The machine is 1.5m old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HEY. ADOBE. I AM STILL WAITING FOR A RESPONSE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CORE SYNC launches on startup, using 99.9% of my CPU (Macbook Pro 2018) and the fans are of course running like crazy.  

I can't believe it's been 5 years and we still have the same problem!

On this thread you can find useful advice about this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem ... after starting the PC, the processor runs 100% for 10-15 minutes and the PC is unusable, I close the membership ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've found the solution for this issue, just by un-checking Core Sync in System Preferences > Extensions: 

Screen Shot 2019-10-01 at 10.55.08.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did it help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for this tip.

My iMac began blowing fans, and I found that Core Sync was using 99.6% of CPU.

Force quitting that app stopped the fans.

Now I've unchecked Core Sync Finder Extensions. What is that for?

Also, since I never sync files with Creative Cloud, I wish I could turn that whole feature entirely off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing exactly the same problem on Windows 10. On startup "CoreSync.exe" causes the CPU to run at 90% to 100%. I did a complete uninstall of all Adobe applications, ran a registry cleaner. Rebooted PC and re-installed Creative Cloud.

After installation PC was rebooted and the CPU is again being used by "CoreSync.exe". 

This situation lasts for about 30 minutes and then the CPU returns to idle speed (1% CPU usage).

It seems that Adobe is syncing the "Creative Cloud Files". I have only 62Gb of files in the cloud, I can only imagine how unusable my system will become as I add more files to the "Creative Cloud Files" library.

Found this work around for Windows 10 users (sorry Apple users, but there might be a similar fix)

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Coresync-causes-high-Explorer-exe-CPU-usage/m-p/10440309#...

NEW for above solution: In Task Manager, right click on "CoreSync.exe" then click on "Go to details" then follow the above.

This is an issue that has been reported on for a number of years.

ADOBE PLEASE LOOK AT THIS AND REMEDY!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Have Adobe CC on 3 machines (2 personal and 1 work). The personal machines have CC so I can use Lightroom & Photoshop and the work machine has CC so I can use Adobe Acrobat. All three sound like they're about to launch into outerspace and/or melt when they start up thanks to Creative Cloud... CPU usage is through the roof. Whether you actually have anything in the cloud or not doesn't seem to matter (I do for personal, do not for work) and all machines suffer. Adobe FIX THIS!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines