• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Core Sync using NodeJs to endlessly upload 1,000,000 bytes per second

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been struggling with this issue in my house since my internet provider decided to introduce data caps at 1 terabyte. I had to restrict and hover over my family insisting they were downloading too much data as we were using about 1.5 terabyte a month of data. After about 3 months of trying to find the device in my house that was downloading huge amounts of data and not finding one, I had the thought to look at the network Ethernet status dialog in Windows to see the Bytes being sent and received on that connection. To my surprise I found on the computer with Adobe Creative Cloud products installed on it that the Sent number was incrementing by 1,000,000 every second. I went into my running processes and sorted by Network and saw that a NodeJs process was using the most Network percentage. I right clicked on NodeJs and selected "Open File Location" and that opened up windows explorer to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\CCLibrary\libs location. I went into the Creative Cloud preferences and disabled the sync option. I killed the running NodeJs instance and the Sent byte counter stopped incrementing. I thought I had solved this issue and did not expect it to come back. I intended to notify Adobe and insist they pay me back for the overage charge my internet provider charged me for that final month. Then I installed Premier and somehow even though the sync option was still off in Create Cloud, the NodeJs process under Adobe was started up again and for the last 2 days again sending 1,000,000 bytes a second. Thankfully I caught it before It went all billing cycle and caused me another data overage. But in these 2 days I am estimating a total of 40 Gigs of actual data usage according to my internet providers reports of my account. This is unacceptable and a horrible experience that I am sure is plaguing many other people that just may not know it. That is until they are faced with a data cap from their internet provider. I found the few issues with syncing where people have issues with it being slow, but did not find someone talking about the service endleessly uploading mass amounts of data to Adobe. Has any one else experienced this? What is the best way to disable the syncing since the preference option did not prevent it from happening again.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this is just awesome. Today I realized that after deleting the node.exe files in the Adobe folders somehow they are back. Creative Cloud has somehow re installed them and once again have used a tone of upload data. Since Adobe does not answer these posts, and no one else seems to have the same issue, I tried to go to support to see if I could chat or call Adobe, which according to my purchased product plan should provide those 2 options, when I go through the forced wizard, conveniently those 2 options are not available. This support sucks and I am extremely frustrated with how difficult Adobe is making this to get help with this issue. This, business practice of hiding behind your web site like Facebook and anyone else that has had to try to get help from them knows, they make it extremely hard and downright impossible to get ahold of an actual person to help you. Shame on Adobe. I guess my only option at this point it to blindly uninstall all the Adobe products and try reinstalling them, but this is yet again going to be a hit on my monthly data cap as I will have to download all the applications again. This is obsurd and Adobe really should be compensating me for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And again somehow node.exe has somehow reinstalled itself and again racked up billions of bytes uploaded again eating up my data cap with my ISP. This is so amazingly frustrating to have to in the back of your head every few days remember to see how your computer has uploaded data so you can once again stop the Adobe installed node.exe and delete the exe again. All of this with after turning off the syncing options in Creative Cloud interface. Anyone have ideas on how better to get Adobe to help with this? How do I call them directly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines