• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Creative Cloud app asks for "repair" at every start-up of computer

Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning. Since 2 weeks i'm experiencing the following. On startup of my computer (iMac 27 inch, BigSur 11.2.3) The Adobe Creative Cloud gives a message that there is a problem and that is neccesary to download and install the Creative Cloud app. I've been updating the Creative cloud app every day but the message keeps coming back. All apps are up-to-date. What can i do to prevent the message from coming back every single day.

Thanks

Roger

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what version of the cc desktop app is installed?  if it's 5.4.1.534, are you able to update that and, if so, to what version does it update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the 5.4.1.534 version. I’m not abel to update it to a higher version.

Roger van der Klugt
06 51 58 31 82

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you said, "i've been updating cc app every day..." did you mean you've been repairing your cc app every day?  or did you mean you've been uinstalling and reinstalling your cc app every day? or did you mean something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i've been installing a new version everyday. It doesn't install a new version but it asks for it.

See the message i receive attached.

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if you just see that message and do not need to repair/replace anything, do nothing except wait for the next cc update to see if that fixes the problem.

otherwise, if you actually replace your current version with a duplicate, something on your computer (eg, av, antimalware, cleaner, defragger etc) is corrupting your cc files.

i'm not able to track down the culprit via a forum (only you should NOT allow anyone to connect with your computer except adobe support that you contact via the chat option and anyone attempting to contact you via skype/zoom etc claiming to be from adobe is a scammer).  

if you can't track down the problem cause, you could reset your computer (if you have a set a restore point) to a time prior to the problems starting or you could clean your computer and reinstall your os and all your software or before reinstalling cc each time, see if there's a less drastic measure:

1. reset the cc desktop app, make sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

2. repair:
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

kglad_0-1616599341312.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines