• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Creative cloud causing huge battery drain issues!

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had been looking to get Adobe XD and so installed it to my surface book 2. Since then I noticed that I had a huge battery drain occurring even when the laptop was in sleep mode! I literally went from 100% down to 76% in the space of a morning without ever even opening the lid of the laptop. Luckily this is a brand new surface book 2 and I could track exactly when the battery drain started happening as I haven't installed much at all yet.

I literally ran the trial of XD while having a coffee and learning session on Sunday and my battery, which typically lasts all day, was in power saving mode after just 3 hours! Given that XD doesn't use the 1050 gpu and nothing else was being used this is insane! Needless to say I uninstalled Creative cloud and XD but, lo and behold the problem persisted. This had me baffled until I found out that un-installing creative cloud does not in fact un-install the drivers and services that were installed with creative cloud. This includes the actual culprit, which is the updating and software verification service. For whatever reason (given that my system is showing relatively low cpu usage) this service was literally draining 1% of my battery every few minutes! Giving a laptop with two batteries an expected life of just 4 hours! Whether in use or not!

I have since manually nuked the service and lo and behold my battery is now back to normal. I can't see how Adobe don't now about their services doing this and when I look at the forums I find many many Mac users complaining about exactly the same issues with the services that Adobe CC installs on their macs. Needless to say I am not going to be using any Adobe products until they sort out this nonsense. I mean for one thing why would a service be draining a battery to begin with? What the heck is it doing given that it seems to be running completely independently of the software it's supposed to be interacting with i.e. Creative cloud!

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Macbook 2019 w/32gig of Ram and it's been particularly bad this past month. Only running Illustrator and CPU load was ~60% and temp was hot w/ fan running constantly. Needless to say, a huge battery drain. Deleted AdobeCCXProcess.app and CoreSync folder and I only open CC desktop app when I need to update an app otherwise it's off all the time. Went down to 5% CPU load and no fan. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do this? I want to see if I can reduce mine as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your preferences for Creative Cloud desktop, shut off all syncing and disable startup at login. Then quit out of CC desktop entirely so it isn't running and keep it closed unless you know you want to update any of your apps. I think it's doing lots of background work that taxes the CPU. See if that alone works for you. If it doesn't, you can then try and delete AdobeCCXProcess.app and the CoreSync folder. TBH I don't really know what the Process app does but I did see it running high on my Activity Monitor. I did all at once and my computer has never been quieter and battery lasts like 3 times as long. So nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not sure either. I do reemmber actually thinking back on it contacting adobe and they said to adjust performance settings in photoshop which is what i was working and this didin't help much either. I checked in my task manager which is where one online forum someone said to do this, and it said like others' they were noticing 65-70%  and there was one that took up even 80% and the other thing, and on the page at the top, where I was checking these tasks, there were duplicates of the same app running in diff (seperate) tasks i didnt understand what this was at the time but it might be the files syncing since everyone said that was an issue. Its prob still there in my task manager currently so if your confused at all about what i was explaining i can take screen shots but its bascially the same issue./ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

ADOBE - please fix this. My MacBook gets drained in idle by CCLibrary, node and CEPHelper. CCLibrary alone is using 21% of CPU in idle modus without any Adobe APPs open. This is insane!!!!

PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posting here won't do you much good. This is a user-to-user forum, and the developers don't come here.

You can make a request through the Wishform, although I suggest you actually search for this topic there and add a vote to a previous request. I'm sure there are previous requests because this has been a common complaint for a long time now. The developers do pay attention to requests there.

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is having many issues lately and they simply don't care about solving them. I'm seriously thinking about making a switch to Afinity and other alternatives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i was facing the same problem recently, i primarily use an M1 mac but my secondary computer is a windows laptop from dell, i typically use illustrator and photoshop while plugged in and while doing that, the temparatures go upto 96 degrees C. I was surprised but at the same time i thought that it maybe because of the project containing too many elements... but then i realized the battery problem... i used to close illustrator and take the laptop off for studying and the battery life went from typical 6 hours to 36 minutes. i looked a bit into it and noticed something one day... i already had the creative cloud auto-start on boot but the battery would last normally until i launch illustrator... 

Solution that worked for me:
So i basically started closing all the creative cloud apps from the hidden icon (attached below) and  suddenly i saw the battery life restoring... its a tedious job doing it every time you close those apps... but we dont have a better solution yet fro what i have found everywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me. My new mac is like a radiator and event after reinstoling CC, i am still experiencing a lot of activities from CC in the background. It really puts me off form using this products as its affecting all other work i am doing on my laptop 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still an issue for me on my Macbook. The energy usage is unacceptably severe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Havind the same issue, no apps are running at all, but the battery on my Macbook Pro M1 goes down just because of CC. IMG_7005.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

November 2021 and it still an issue. Check out this observation I made on my 5900X windows 11 machine:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services-discussions/adobe-cc-background-tasks-waste-s...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines