• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Creative Cloud Corrupted

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in a loop with Adobe Creative Cloud, it gets the following error messasge when trying to open:

"Adobe Creative Cloud, needed to resolve the problem, is missing or damaged. You can try to repair to fix the issue. If the problem persists, download and install the new copy from http://www.adobe.com/go/adobecreativecloudapp."

When I try to do a repair eveything completes sucecesfully and then we get back to the same error message when trying to open the app. This is not allowing me up update any of the Adobe apps I purchased.

Already tried following all the steps on this document with no luck:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html

After doing all that I get always back to the same error message.

Im running Windows 10 Pro 64bits

Any help resolving this would be hightly appreciated or at least a workaround to get the apps I purchased updated without using Adobe Creative Cloud.

Thanks!!

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Collaboration , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the CC Cleaner tool to wipe out all Adobe software and then reinstall.

Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Just Shoot Me (great handle). Great suggestion. The CC Cleaner tool is a good suggestion. The CC Cleaner tool may not work for this issue. It is the first thing I tried when I was first troubleshooting this issue on my machine. It didn't work for me, though ( you can see what worked for me below).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BryanBF89,

First, let me say DO NOT DELETE ALL OF YOUR ADOBE APPS. Read ahead first as what I did may work for you as well.

I started to get the same error recently (maybe after upgrading Photoshop to latest version (21.2)??). I tried to 'Repair' numerous times to no avail. Then I tried the Adobe steps

Solution 1: Repair Creative Cloud desktop app

Result: kept getting the error on restart

Solution 2: Uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop app, and then reinstall it

Result: was able to delete and reinstall first time. Still same error. Unable to delete any additional times with the message "there are other Adobe application that require CC" (or something to that effect).

Solution 3: Run the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool

Result: again, able to clean once then not again.

Solution 4: Reinstall the Creative Cloud desktop app using an administrator account

Result: SAME RESULT AS SOLUTION 2 ABOVE

This DID NOT work for me 😞

Don't dispair, though...

The next thing I tried was to 'Clean' all of the installed adobe apps which, as I understand, would delete ALL of my installed Adobe apps. Fortunately, the process hung (spinning beach ball) and I force quit and restarted before making a BIG MISTAKE.

This is what worked for me:

1. Delete the items in the main Library/Caches folder (main hard drive->Library/Caches, then select all of the items in the Caches folder and delete them - You will need to enter your admin Username and Password)
    DO NOT EMPTY THE TRASH

2. Delete your User/Library/Caches folder (go to the the 'GO' menu in the Finder, hold down the Alt/Option key and click on 'Library'; then select the Caches folder, select all of the items in the Caches folder and delete them.)
    DO NOT EMPTY THE TRASH
  3. While in this Library folder go to /Library/Application Support/Adobe and move the OOBE folder to the trash
    DO NOT EMPTY THE TRASH

4. Go to the Apple Menu in the Finder and choose 'Shut Down...'
    (DO NOT CHOOSE 'RESTART...' MUST BE A HARD SHUT DOWN)

5. Before you start up the system again, hold down the  Option+Command+P+R keys on the keyboard and press the power button. KEEP HOLDING THE KEYS UNTIL YOU SEE THE SCREEN GO BLANK AGAIN AND THEN RELEASE

This is on a newer iMac (2017) and MacOS Mojave that no longer has the startup chime. If using an older Mac/MacOS, hold down the keys until you hear the third chime.) This will reset your PRAM (which Apple says is not necessary in Mojave and above (maybe since High Sierra))

6. Empty the trash

7. Restart your system (go to the Apple Menu and choose 'Restart...')

8. When you login, launch Creative Cloud, It took a moment for Creative Cloud to load completely (spinning red circle), but all should work fine (it did for me).

This worked! Yay! (Thank you 'School House Rock' for the Interjections!) 🙂

But...

When I logged into another user on the same system (my testing user), the same 'Repair' issue popped up. What I did to fix that user was complete steps 2 - 8 above FOR THAT USER and everything worked fine. I would think the same would work/be necessary for any other users you have on your system.

It is of import to note that I am writing this immediately following the 'fix.' I will let you know if the error rears its ugly head again and will start troubleshooting again.

Also, the same fix may work on Windows machines. I don't know where the Caches folder is (mabe 'C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\' - To clear them, you can press Windows + R to open Run window, input %temp% and click OK to open the Temp folders), or the OOBE folder (maybe 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\'). You may need to search the web to find the location of both.

**IMPORTANT**

Since I am not a windows user:

** I CAN MAKE NO GUARANTEES THIS IS THE CORRECT SOLUTION AND YOU TAKE THESE STEPS ON A WINDOWS MACHINE AT YOUR OWN RISK **

I would suggest to move the files in the Caches and OOBE folders to a temporary folder on the desktop instead of deleting them just in case you need them.

I hope this helps some of you (and me too). So far, so good for me.

Happy hunting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines