• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Creative Cloud update caused all of my CC-files to be deleted?

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2016 Mar 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

So I've been funneled here by tech support because no one has any answers for what happened with my files. I was updating CC not totally sure now which update it was, I had PS open and was working on some documents it said to continue to do the update I had to close it so I went to save the file I was working on. I was met with a 'there is no file by this name in this folder' so I thought that was weird and went to check the actual file, nothing. I checked the internet, a lot of problem similar to mine but non that were totally the same. I had not synced anything. I didn't know if I did not that my stuff would be deleted if I tried to sync or do an update? I'm still not sure. All I know is that my CPU is 15 gigs lighter then it was before the update. I have no files in the cloud (before someone asks), I unfortunately could not do a system restore because I had no restore points somehow. That is maybe a bit on me but I'd argue that I did not expect over 300 PSDs to be deleted WITHOUT EVEN ASKING. So I'm at a loss for ideas. I have pretty much given up at getting my stuff back or getting any feedback other then "check this thing that the last 5 tech guys told you to try".

If you have any ideas of what could have gone wrong or things that I could do to fix this? I would be happy to hear it.

Thanks for your time.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 28, 2016 Mar 28, 2016

Have you checked your home folder for your Creative Cloud files?, is it possible there has been a second Creative Cloud files folder created?. Have you check your local trash and archive in the cloud for the files your missing?. Please also send me your log files are some relevant information.

Adobe ID:

Creative Cloud Desktop Version:
What Operating systems are you using:
Type of internet connectivity (Ethernet/WiFi):
Using a proxy (Y/N):
Firewall (None/Corporate/Local):
How many computers you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2016 Mar 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you checked your home folder for your Creative Cloud files?, is it possible there has been a second Creative Cloud files folder created?. Have you check your local trash and archive in the cloud for the files your missing?. Please also send me your log files are some relevant information.

Adobe ID:

Creative Cloud Desktop Version:
What Operating systems are you using:
Type of internet connectivity (Ethernet/WiFi):
Using a proxy (Y/N):
Firewall (None/Corporate/Local):
How many computers you use with Creative Cloud:
Are you using Creative Cloud collaboration:

Please send in your log files to enable us to better understand whats happened.  You can do this by installing and running the log collection tool following the instructions on this page: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Please email the logs to syncforum-communication@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines