• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe GC Invoker Utility Madness

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone seen this happen? My machine started running very slowly and when I launched the Task Manager I saw this:

Annotation 2019-11-21 092732.png

I have no idea what Adobe GC Invoker Utility is or why it's consuming so many resources. Anyone have any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Deleted files based on past threads and disabled all the Adobe bloatware on Window startup but the problem came back with a vengence a day or say later. Makes system useless for about half a cup of coffee on startup.

Adobe GC Invoker Utility.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone able to advise how to get Adobe to address this issue, I have a monthly Acrobat Pro subsciption and expect better quality software than this bloat. Its an annoying waste of system resources and occasionaly is inconvenient.

Failing getting Adobe onto this, can anyone advise a good alternative to Adobe Acrobat Pro that has the same features?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe someone who has Enterprise Support with their account can submit this as a ticket?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, yesterday I uninstalled and then reinstalled Acrobat Pro DC in the hope that would fix the problem. Nope, came back again on startup today. Typical bloat software designed by a committee, currently looking for alternatives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ridiculous. But thanks for preventing me from trying the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In W10 go into "Windows Settings" and search for "Background Apps". Look for "Notification Manager for Adobe Acrobat" and turn it off; so far it seems to have made the problem go away. Adobe clearly don't know how to design software that reponsibly runs it the background so remove them of the privilage to run in the background on your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2019 Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't last, Adobe gave me the finger for xmas and brought back there +100 instances of the invoker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing helpful in that discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Hey... Just go to common files and delete all the Adobe applications. Works for sure. Fixed by @saikrishna_guna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this problem as half the processes running on my system are adobe and no number of 'end task' removes or disables the bloatware. Really annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not from me, I've learnt to suck it up and accept Adobe software is by its very nature bloat with crap piled on top of whatever its core function is. For me Acrobat Pro DC is just too useful for what I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines