• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Installer Not Closing

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2015 Oct 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into an issue where a .dll file (easyredirect64.dll) was causing some issues. Notably; it would cause explorer.exe to hang, and would cause all my Creative Cloud programs to crash immediately on startup. Before deleting the file, the only solution was to uninstall Creative Cloud plus all the apps and reinstall before the problem inevitably happened again. I've since deleted the file, and now explorer works fine, but when I try to re-install Creative Cloud, something peculiar happens. The installer unpacks and goes through most of its installation fine, but when it gets to the last step it just...Closes. The process is still visible in Task Manager, but nothing happens. An item is created in the start menu, but pressing it does nothing, nor can I uninstall it in Programs and Features. The only way to remove it is to restart Explorer, as it locks a CoreSync .dll whenever this happens (CoreSync_x64), and then manually delete all the files. I am running Windows 10 64x.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like there is some software on system which is not letting CC App run. Can you try booting into safe mode with network support and see if Creative Cloud app runs fine. If it does, I would be looking into running programs and service and try closing them one  by one.

Regards,

Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines