• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Portfolio Changing Masthead Image

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  In my Portfolio Masthead I uploaded an image a number of months ago.  Within the image preview screen on the Background tab, there was room for me to move the photo around a bit, back and forth, until I had the image placed as I wanted it within the masthead.

Yesterday I changed this image, but no longer have the ability to move the image around to place it just so.  It is "locked" but isn't even centered within the preview screen (see screen shot).  This is causing the image to be cut off, and no longer properly reflects on the masthead.

I tried both the Replace Image and Remove Image with re-upload options and the results are the same.

Can somebody tell me why this is happening, and why the previous image was movable when this one is not?

Thank you.

Jennie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link has all of the currently available information on Portfolio
-https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/is-portfolio-still-being-developed/td-p/11583268?pag...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without more details, I suspect your images were not the same size.  See relevant help article below.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037908934-Adding-a-Masthead-background

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Nancy.  The link is very helpful and I followed it when first creating my portfolio.  However, it doesn't address my question about why my recently uploaded image is locked and not maneuverable within the image preview screen in the same way my first image was of a few months ago, as shown in the snip I attached.

To illustrate, here is a second snip which shows the Masthead Background where the image is moveable within the preview screen, compared to my original illustration.  You can see on this one, the image preview covers a portion of the photo, and it is this that can be moved around to select that portion of the image I want on the Masthead.

snip2.PNG

To clarify, I used the same image both times, the second one just contained more processing through PS then saved as a .jpg.  The original image was 699 KB, the new one is 2.36 MB - a difference in size, but the new image isn't that large.

Are you aware of an article that speaks to the Masthead background moveability, or know why I cannot do it for my current image?

Thank you.

Jennie 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

... I also wanted to add, by way of experiment, I removed the new image and uploaded an image of the same size of my first upload.  In this small image, I was also unable to maneuver the image within the preview screen.  It looks to me like this is something Portfolio changed, but I don't know anything about it.

Thanks!

Jennie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines