Highlighted

Adobe Spark and Canvas Assignments

New Here ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day. I completed the form for Help/Support and am adding it here as well, in case someone in the community already had success with integrating Adobe Spark with Canvas assignment. I am testing this process so as to guide faculty on using Adobe Spark for assessment exercises.

I am receiving various error messages when attempting to submit an Adobe Spark project into a Canvas assignment. I have followed the steps noted in this Adobe instruction

Here is what I have done so far.

1. Moved a course into the Canvas sub-account which has
  2. Used a student account/role in the course
  3. In Adobe Spark, I created a media (Page) and published it
  4. Added three assignments in Canvas, as a test with each using a different submission type
    1. Submission type: External URL
    2. Submission type: Online and Text Entry
    3. Submission type: Website URL 
  5. For assignment #1, I received the below error message. This option allows for students in Adobe Spark to use the option to publish and turn in their media to Canvas. This freezes the Adobe Spark created media in the Canvas Assignment for faculty to assess. Even if students go into Adobe Spark after their submission and make changes to the image, this will not affect the version in the Canvas assignment. [Share > Turn in to Canvas].

ADobe Spark and CanvasADobe Spark and Canvas
Turn in Spark assignmentTurn in Spark assignment

1. For assignment #2 assignment, clicked on the External Tool to go to Adobe Spark. I then clicked on the “Make a copy button” in the Adobe Spark template provided by the teacher, to create a copy. I received the below error message. 
    Make a copyMake a copy

Assignment Turn inAssignment Turn in
    Adobe Spark errorAdobe Spark error

2. For assignment #3, I took the share link from Adobe Spark, and was able to paste the link in the Website URL box for the Canvas assignment.
    Submit assignmentSubmit assignment

From within Canvas Speedgrader, the faculty is able to view the Adobe Spark media and grade/comment.

Topics

CC FAQ, Collaboration, Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Spark and Canvas Assignments

New Here ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day. I completed the form for Help/Support and am adding it here as well, in case someone in the community already had success with integrating Adobe Spark with Canvas assignment. I am testing this process so as to guide faculty on using Adobe Spark for assessment exercises.

I am receiving various error messages when attempting to submit an Adobe Spark project into a Canvas assignment. I have followed the steps noted in this Adobe instruction

Here is what I have done so far.

1. Moved a course into the Canvas sub-account which has
  2. Used a student account/role in the course
  3. In Adobe Spark, I created a media (Page) and published it
  4. Added three assignments in Canvas, as a test with each using a different submission type
    1. Submission type: External URL
    2. Submission type: Online and Text Entry
    3. Submission type: Website URL 
  5. For assignment #1, I received the below error message. This option allows for students in Adobe Spark to use the option to publish and turn in their media to Canvas. This freezes the Adobe Spark created media in the Canvas Assignment for faculty to assess. Even if students go into Adobe Spark after their submission and make changes to the image, this will not affect the version in the Canvas assignment. [Share > Turn in to Canvas].

ADobe Spark and CanvasADobe Spark and Canvas
Turn in Spark assignmentTurn in Spark assignment

1. For assignment #2 assignment, clicked on the External Tool to go to Adobe Spark. I then clicked on the “Make a copy button” in the Adobe Spark template provided by the teacher, to create a copy. I received the below error message. 
    Make a copyMake a copy

Assignment Turn inAssignment Turn in
    Adobe Spark errorAdobe Spark error

2. For assignment #3, I took the share link from Adobe Spark, and was able to paste the link in the Website URL box for the Canvas assignment.
    Submit assignmentSubmit assignment

From within Canvas Speedgrader, the faculty is able to view the Adobe Spark media and grade/comment.

Topics

CC FAQ, Collaboration, Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?