• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Spark Template Usage

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could somebody tell me if the premade templates in Spark can be used commercially, such as on tshirts for sale.  Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would anyone want to use a Spark Template for a T-shirt design?  The quality would be worse than horrible.

You need real graphic/textile design software to create T-Shirt art.  And do it in consultation with your print professional.  They will need to provide you with exact artwork specifications (i.e. color profile, bleed, dimensions, file type, etc...).

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually have never used Spark. I use Illustrator but I just now saw
that this was part of the creative cloud package. All I want to know is if
the templates are commercial free. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

I am hoping somebody out there could answer my question.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Spark is for use on the web, not print.

Adobe Stock would be a much better source for your T-Shirt artwork.  With an Extended License only, Adobe Stock assets may be used in merchandise, templates or other products for resale.  Standard and Enhanced Licenses are not sufficient.

https://stock.adobe.com/license-terms

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to find information about commercial use of icons and design assets used in creating products for KDP --such as book covers. I can't seem to find clear guidelines for use of the elements for producing things like coloring books, stickers, posters etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK, the free icons in Creative Cloud Express have no conditions to their use.  You can use them as you see fit.

However in all fairness, I'm not sure Creative Cloud Express is the best tool for creating books.  My personal choice would be Illustrator for artwork and InDesign for layout.  The quality is much higher and you have more control over final print output.   Before you begin this project, get the color & print specifications from your publisher or print professional.  It would be a shame to spend time creating something with CC Express that your print professional can't work with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - these are low content KDP journals and similar. I was wondering what the outcome might look like. The print-on-demand options through KDP come with a cover template. 

I've attached a copy of the first attempt. When you say "icons," or free - does this mean only objects that did not require my subscription? I have access to all design elements. So any design element that has the paid icon on it isn't available for commercial use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kindle Direct have very specific requirements. 

https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/

IMO, you should be using InDesign.  In fact there is a KDP plugin specifically for InDesign users.

https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/help/topic/G200699250

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're using the free icons that come with your paid subscription.  That's fine.

You can also obtain icons from Adobe Stock's vast inventory.  Also suitable for use in commercial projects.

https://stock.adobe.com/search?k=icon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Icons only or all design elements included in creative cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wrong. They are lots of people who uses this to make tshirt designs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines