• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Startup Apps and Slow Performance

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I'm not sure if this is the right area to be posting in, so please correct me if it's not, but I wanted to reach out to the Adobe community to see if anyone is experiencing the same issues as me.

I'm running Windows 10 on a fairly capable XPS 15 9570, and for the past few months I've realized that everything on my computer is extremely slow. Today, I decided to go ahead and disable every Adobe startup app that I could find (AcroTray, CCXProcess, Creative Cloud Desktop, etc.) and it runs like butter again. Literally night and day.

I'm wondering two things; firstly, has anyone ran into similar issues? And secondly, does disabling these processes actually do anything negative to my Adobe experience? I haven't ran into any adverse effects so far, but I just figured I'd ask.

For a company like Adobe, I would've expected a bit more clarity around the severe system impact that their background processes can have, but I guess you can't have everything.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

there are some downsides to disabling adobe background processes, but i would think having a speedy computer would make it worth disabling.  here's more info so you can decide yourself, https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/adobe-background-processes.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines