• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After CC 2.3.0.151 Update, Core Sync Process Missing (No File Sync, No Typekit)

Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a long-time ACP member and forum moderator on several forums. I have two Macs running Mac OS X 10.10.5. Both of them were updated this evening to the newest version of Creative Cloud app, 2.3.0.151.

On my MacBook Pro, the CC app is running fine. But on the iMac, there is no access to File Sync or to Typekit. All I see is under Fonts or Files is the spinning blue icon.

When I investigated CC app of this computer, I found the following:

* In the preferences, File Sync is clicked On, but the Folder location is grayed out and empty.

* In the preferences, Typekit is clicked On, but grayed and not selectable

* When I use the Activity Monitor, I see that the "CoreSync" process is not running (as it is on the other Mac, and when I've observed it before)

When I came to this forum, I saw the notice about CoreSync problems. I followed the instructions in this help file:

Creative Cloud Help | Uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop app

I uninstalled CC app, and used the link to reinstall it to version 2.3.0.151.

But nothing has changed.

What should I do next?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 25, 2015 Sep 25, 2015

Thanks, Ben. I got online help from Creative Cloud support. It was a permissions issue with the CoreSync process (affecting both File Sync and Typekit). Now fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2015 Sep 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve a quick thought have you disabled any software firewalls which might be interfering with the syncing process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I haven't done that.

I'm online now with Shipti Sharma in Delhi, and she's working on it remotely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

I'm sorry you ran into trouble here. We've seen a few reports of the blue spinner. We have a fix for you and are looking into this with the Creative Cloud app team.

Run these steps to fix the spinner:

1. quit the Creative Cloud desktop application

2. from the Go menu in the Finder, choose Go to Folder

3. paste in this path and click Go:

~/Library/Preferences/

4. In the window that opens, you should see a list of files including com.adobe.accmac.plist

5. click on com.adobe.accmac.plist and renamed it com.adobe.accmac.plist.old. You'll be asked to confirm that you want to change the extension to .old.

6. start the Creative Cloud desktop application again.

Please give that a try, and let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for your help and patience here. Have a great weekend.

Cheers,

Benjamin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ben. I got online help from Creative Cloud support. It was a permissions issue with the CoreSync process (affecting both File Sync and Typekit). Now fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, that's great.

Would you be able to shoot us an email at: support@typekit.com with this fix? I think we might have other users experience this issue. That would be really helpful.

Thanks,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2015 Sep 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share this information.

Best regards

Lasse Martinell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Steve,
It would be great if you were so kind and posted the fix here with us? My company has the same problem on a few clients, and the fix from Ben is not working.

Best regards,

Gustav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines