Copy link to clipboard
I'm a long-time ACP member and forum moderator on several forums. I have two Macs running Mac OS X 10.10.5. Both of them were updated this evening to the newest version of Creative Cloud app, 18.104.22.168.
On my MacBook Pro, the CC app is running fine. But on the iMac, there is no access to File Sync or to Typekit. All I see is under Fonts or Files is the spinning blue icon.
When I investigated CC app of this computer, I found the following:
* In the preferences, File Sync is clicked On, but the Folder location is grayed out and empty.
* In the preferences, Typekit is clicked On, but grayed and not selectable
* When I use the Activity Monitor, I see that the "CoreSync" process is not running (as it is on the other Mac, and when I've observed it before)
When I came to this forum, I saw the notice about CoreSync problems. I followed the instructions in this help file:
I uninstalled CC app, and used the link to reinstall it to version 22.214.171.124.
But nothing has changed.
What should I do next?
Copy link to clipboard
Steve a quick thought have you disabled any software firewalls which might be interfering with the syncing process?
No, I haven't done that.
I'm online now with Shipti Sharma in Delhi, and she's working on it remotely.
I'm sorry you ran into trouble here. We've seen a few reports of the blue spinner. We have a fix for you and are looking into this with the Creative Cloud app team.
Run these steps to fix the spinner:
1. quit the Creative Cloud desktop application
2. from the Go menu in the Finder, choose Go to Folder
3. paste in this path and click Go:
4. In the window that opens, you should see a list of files including com.adobe.accmac.plist
5. click on com.adobe.accmac.plist and renamed it com.adobe.accmac.plist.old. You'll be asked to confirm that you want to change the extension to .old.
6. start the Creative Cloud desktop application again.
Please give that a try, and let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for your help and patience here. Have a great weekend.
Thanks, Ben. I got online help from Creative Cloud support. It was a permissions issue with the CoreSync process (affecting both File Sync and Typekit). Now fixed!
Please share this information.
It would be great if you were so kind and posted the fix here with us? My company has the same problem on a few clients, and the fix from Ben is not working.