• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After CC Update - File Sync Folder Reverts to Default Location

Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2015 Jan 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated CC application (1.9.0.465) and my sync folder changed back to the default (C:\Users\USERNAME\Creative Cloud Files) from what I had set in preferences (D:\Creative Cloud Files)

I work between two locations and this just created a file-management quagmire for me.

• When I changed my preferences back, files that synced to C:\User\Creative Cloud Files weren't moved to D: drive
  • CC is now uploading D: back to the cloud (all 25GB of it) even though the files were up-to-date
  • C: files still aren't in D: (haven't moved them manually yet), so I worry these will be deleted from my 2nd location computer if sync completes

Has this happened to anyone else, and how did you fix it?

Thanks in advance!

- John

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2015 Jan 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am sorry to hear your having this issue with Creative Cloud. Could you tell me a little more about your comments above.

• When I changed my preferences back, files that synced to C:\User\Creative Cloud Files weren't moved to D: drive

Does this mean after upgrade you then manual moved the Creative Cloud folder back to D drive, but the files were not moved?

• CC is now uploading D: back to the cloud (all 25GB of it) even though the files were up-to-date

Can you be sure that your files were actually syncing back to the cloud, was there a time displayed for how long this sync job would take? or was the Creative Cloud UI saying 'Syncing

• C: files still aren't in D: (haven't moved them manually yet), so I worry these will be deleted from my 2nd location computer if sync complete

You mention that you have 25GB of files, this could take a long time to transfer back to your D drive, are you sure you waited long enough for Creative Cloud to move these files back?.

One last thing is, can you send me your log files?, this will help me look into this issue in a bit more detail.

You can collect your log files from..

Mac:

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync

Windows:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CoreSync

'Library' on Mac and 'AppData' on Windows are both hidden folders. Please read these pages for help on showing these folders:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/show-hidden-files-folders-extensions.html (Win)

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html (Mac)

Please send upload them to Creative Cloud and send me a link at harress@adobe.com

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2015 Jan 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Warren. Emailed you with my log files.

Does this mean after upgrade you then manual moved the Creative Cloud folder back to D drive, but the files were not moved?

I changed my preferences back to D: - CC did not relocate the files that synced to C: (my previous day's work) to D:

Can you be sure that your files were actually syncing back to the cloud, was there a time displayed for how long this sync job would take? or was the Creative Cloud UI saying 'Syncing

CC said it was syncing, ETA ~11 hours. The traffic monitor in my router was showing upload bandwidth.

• C: files still aren't in D: (haven't moved them manually yet), so I worry these will be deleted from my 2nd location computer if sync complete

You mention that you have 25GB of files, this could take a long time to transfer back to your D drive, are you sure you waited long enough for Creative Cloud to move these files back?.

Only my previous day's work synced to C (a few hundred MB). I allowed a reasonable amount of time to pass before assuming it failed.

BTW I updated CC at my other location (I had no choice) and it also reverted my preferences for my local sync folder to the default location. D: -> C:\users\username\...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2015 Sep 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This happened to me also.  When I looked today after update my creative cloud folder was set back to my default folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines