Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AGSService.exe - Application Error

Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I cannot find an approriate forum for this topic.

Just recently (past month) I have been getting this ACSService.exe - Application Error notification window.

Text in the window:

The instruction at 0x6200389e referenced memory at

0x0218097c.  The memory could not be read.

Click on OK to terminate the program

If I click OK, I get follow up boxes, all identical, about a dozen of them then it goes away until restart.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, nothing I have is supported so I left that information out purposely.

Workstation System basic specs:

Windows 7 64 bit

Intel Core i7 3960X

32 GB RAM

nVidia PNY Quadro 5000

Adobe CS6 & CS5 Master Suites

(System is 15 years old, still works perfect)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to stop something from doing an automatic start in Win10 so you might want to find out how to stop a program from starting in Win7

Since CS5/CS6 will never be updated again, you MAY be safe to stop anything Adobe related from starting

I do know that if you have ever had ANYTHING cloud related, even a trial, that your original program manager has been replaced... and the new program manager COULD be doing something you don't want

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never had anything CC related I this computer, I keep a tight seal on things here!

I'm just not sure what the AGSService.exe is, what now is causing it to error and such.

Perhaps I should just restore a backup!

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to google

The AGSService.exe process is also known as Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service

That is the license checker to veryify you have a valid program... I have NO idea why it is now causing a problem, except you may have done something (firewall ???) that is not allowing the program to 'call home' to check your status

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Has anyone found a resolution to this?  I have Adobe creative cloud, bridge, photoshop, lightroom and premier on my system.  I am having the same errors and the only solution that I have found is to delete the agsservice.exe application file.  However, any updates will reinstall the agsservice.exe application again and I'm back to square one.  Doesn't seem to be the best solution 🙂  Anyone figured this one out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  1. I solved my issue, what I did was look through my uninstall programs (categorized by date descending) and found a newer Adobe update program installed (I cannot recall the name, perhaps it was the agsservice.exe, or something else "update related" seems familiar).  Anyways, since I'm running CS6 Master Suite I don't need it, it too must have installed on a recent update check.

I just uninstalled it and no problems now.

Sorry if this doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines