• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI file layers buggy when uploaded to CC assets

Participant ,
Jun 09, 2016 Jun 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone has experience with layers visibility and usability when it comes to viewing Illustrator (.ai) files with Creative Cloud (CC) assets web viewer? To me it seems a bit buggy and lacks some functionalities.

I have a test file with 4 artboards and 6 layers. When I show/hide GRID or MARGINS the layer visibility state is not consistent through other artboards.

Any help with this?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@haligaliharun - Thank you for reporting the problem. Please explain the problem in more detail using screenshots to illustrate the issue you are seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the problems I have encountered is the consistency of layers visibility cross artboards.

1. I have uploaded a file with 6 layers and 3 artboards/pages
  2. View this file with the assets web viewer
  3. Artboard 1: all layers and it's contents are visible - OK
  4. Artboard 1: hide GRID and MARGINS layers, and their content on the artboard gets hidden - OK
  5. Move to the next artboard
  6. Artboard 2: GRID and MARGINS layers are signed as hidden, but their content is still visible - NOT OK
  7. Artboard 2: show GRID and MARGINS layers and their content remains unchanged (visible)
  8. Artboard 2: hide only the MARGINS layer, it's content remains still visible - NOT OK
  9. Artboard 1: back to previous artboard, GRID's content is visible and MARGINS content is hidden - OK

It seems that layers visibility controls only the first artboard. First artboard reflects perfectly the state of layers visibility, independently on which artboard you were when switching layers visibility.

I hope that I have managed to explain this clearly enough.

Try to play with show/hide layers through the artboards and let me know if you can replicate this.

Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 20.16.17.pngScreen Shot 2016-06-09 at 20.18.43.pngScreen Shot 2016-06-09 at 20.39.09.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 10, 2016 Jun 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that the assets web viewer has issues when it comes to layers and Illustrator (didn't test other programs).

1. After few uploadings, page refreshing and file replacings I managed to see all my layers (instead of the default "Layer 1" that I see whenever I upload a file to assets).
  2. After that I made the document public and shared it with a link
  3. When visiting that link in "incognito browser mode" I couldn't manage to get my Layers, just the default "Layer 1"

Does anyone knows if the assets web viewer can be used for previewing Illustrator layers (as promised on the tutorial  page) ?

webnotlogged.jpg

illustrator.jpgweblogged.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@haligaliharun - If possible please post the link to the Illustrator file again. The current link no longer works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines