• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

all my local data in the creative cloud folder has disappeared.

Explorer ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the frightening effect that all my local data in the creative cloud folder (main pc) has disappeared.

The data is still in the cloud itself and on a second computer, but on my main computer the corresponding folder is completely empty. Of course I have already checked all settings, stopped and restarted synchronization etc. But the local data is still missing.

I will try to define a new target for the synchronisation folder an synchronize the new folder

But the question is...how did that happen. Does anyone have an idea how this could happen.

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This help document from Adobe may be useful for your case

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/users-files-missing-creative-cloud.html

It will direct you to check all the possible locations where your data may be stored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the descriptions were not helpful. Since they do not describe my problem.

I will try to describe it in detail and how I solved the problem. Try to keep it short but needs many words^^

Setup:

> 1x win10 pc/ main PC
> 1x win 10 / wacom Studio tablet

> Creative Cloud

- On my main PC the Creative Cloud folder was completely empty.
- In the cloud and on the wacom tablet data was still there

- main pc: synchronizing stop /start/restart didn't help.

- As a test, I tried something which probably led to more errors.
One of the lost folders has the name "work". In this folder are several files.

I created a new folder called "work" for "main pc" and added a file there.
>> nothing happened. this file was not synchronized to the cloud.

- Try 01: tried cloud desktop repair> did not work
- Trial 02: New installation CreativeCloudDesktop

- It worked out in the end. Cloud data has reappeared on my "Main PC".
14-15 folders with different contents.

BUT!!!!

The "Work" folder ONLY contained the file that was inserted as a test. All other data in that folder had disappeared.
- This data (of the "work" folder) was also no longer in the cloud. They were also not in the cloud under "deleted files".
- On my Wacom tablet they were gone too.

- Fortunately I had backed up a copy of the data on my wacom tablet, which I have now copied back to the corresponding folder.

>> I actually felt quite safe with having my data in 3 places. But as I now realized it was a mistake. For some reason, it can obviously happen that data "disappear". I was always the opinion that disappeared data would ultimately remain in the cloud under "deleted files. This was not so in this particular case.

I think a simple reinstallation (ob my main pc) would have solved the problem. My experiments have therefore led to the loss of data. However, it is strange that the lost data does not appear as "deleted" data in the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is alarming. I suggest you make sure you have good backups. (Some people give up backups when moving to the cloud, and regret it later).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, I think you are saying that the data is in "3 places" so you don't need backups. No, no! Suppose this empty folder is now synched back to the cloud, leaving you with nothing? Nothing that synchronises automatically and has no archive can be a backup...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

absolutely....all my main Data is (not automatically) backuped. The Cloud ist only my quick (& lazy) exchange for my wacom tablet. Out of laziness I had some data not played in my main folder...big mistake!! Never trust an automatic system:-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines