• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All our files have been moved from the Cloud to the trash! How can I get them back into the right folders without doing it manually?

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My colleagues and I have arrived at work today to find that ALL our files have been moved to the trash. This is a nightmare. There are thousands of files which would be impossible to move back to the right place manually. I have found some old posts regarding this but not an answer on how to get them back to the Cloud. How successful is restoring the Archive? We are worried that if this goes wrong that there's a possibility our files will be lost. Any help would be much appreciated.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2015 Nov 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

We would like to investigate your issue and provide the solution ASAP. Could you please use the log collector tool ( https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html )and send the zip file on your desktop to me at SyncForum-Communication@adobe.com.?

Please kindly provide the information as below:

• Forum post link:
  • Your and your colleague's Adobe ID:
  • Do your colleagues and you log different accounts into different computers? Or you share one computer but log into different accounts? Or you share one computer using one Creative Cloud account only?
  • Are you using Creative Cloud collaboration?
  • What Operating systems are you using:
  • Type of internet connectivity (Ethernet/WiFi):
  • Using a proxy (Y/N):
  • Firewall (None/Corporate/Local):
  • Timezone of your computer:

Best Regards.

Lin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. We have been dealing directly with someone at Adobe UK over email as the problem needed to be resolved quickly.

We now have a problem with all the files being 'owned' by me even though I haven't created them. This is pushing my usage into the red. Any ideas how this can be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Catherine,

apologies for the delay our server team (based in the US) say that you have over 2500 files in your archive folder, which is also part of your quota.  All you need to do is view the files on the web and go into the archive and use the empty archive button.

The instructions can be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/sync-files.html#Delete%20files

Warmest wishes,

Ashley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines