And video sharing ?

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well.. We have now the sync early access. I guess it's a good thing.

But you know, Adobe, we use your product for video. Maybe at 99%.

And as for now, it seems that the only solution to share a video to our clients with CC is to zip it, then sync, then share the .zip so our clients can download it, extract it, then review it and send us an email with all their good ideas.

So much for the integration on this one. Wetransfer still is an easier workflow as you don't have to sit on your hands watching the file being uploaded, in order to be able to send the link. AND the client does'nt have to extract a .zip to see the video. (And we are lucky our clients are mostly agencies very used to compression and video formats, but I think some clients would just call us complaining about the fact the .zip video file would'nt play, even in VLC).

So, question :

Have you any ideas on when a REAL video sharing will be available on CC ?

Something crazy like a video player on the web page !

With a crazy comments box !

(Not mentionning access monitoring and user tracking, I guess it's a 349$/m wiredrive feature)

You know Adobe, we love you so much here. We love your products, we live with them. Really all day / week / month / year long. We get used with all the little strange things you do (OMG, we can use OMF natively now !). But sometimes, we really don't get you.

I think what's REALLY irritating here is that we all see the potential of what you're trying to do. And we all WANT that. And you keep telling us it's coming, so we wait.

But every time the little things that are missing are extremely important for us, and does'nt seem THAT difficult to implement.

I mean. A video player.

Are you still struggling with flash vs H264 ? Let it go.

Please Adobe, get your * together, and help us to go on with you.

And please give us a timeline. So we can decide of what we'll do.

All the best,

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

And video sharing ?

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well.. We have now the sync early access. I guess it's a good thing.

But you know, Adobe, we use your product for video. Maybe at 99%.

And as for now, it seems that the only solution to share a video to our clients with CC is to zip it, then sync, then share the .zip so our clients can download it, extract it, then review it and send us an email with all their good ideas.

So much for the integration on this one. Wetransfer still is an easier workflow as you don't have to sit on your hands watching the file being uploaded, in order to be able to send the link. AND the client does'nt have to extract a .zip to see the video. (And we are lucky our clients are mostly agencies very used to compression and video formats, but I think some clients would just call us complaining about the fact the .zip video file would'nt play, even in VLC).

So, question :

Have you any ideas on when a REAL video sharing will be available on CC ?

Something crazy like a video player on the web page !

With a crazy comments box !

(Not mentionning access monitoring and user tracking, I guess it's a 349$/m wiredrive feature)

You know Adobe, we love you so much here. We love your products, we live with them. Really all day / week / month / year long. We get used with all the little strange things you do (OMG, we can use OMF natively now !). But sometimes, we really don't get you.

I think what's REALLY irritating here is that we all see the potential of what you're trying to do. And we all WANT that. And you keep telling us it's coming, so we wait.

But every time the little things that are missing are extremely important for us, and does'nt seem THAT difficult to implement.

I mean. A video player.

Are you still struggling with flash vs H264 ? Let it go.

Please Adobe, get your * together, and help us to go on with you.

And please give us a timeline. So we can decide of what we'll do.

All the best,

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 04, 2013 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. My team is currently contemplating upgrading the office to Adobe Creative Cloud for Teams, and I'm the trigger man. It's up to me to convince my Creative Director and CFO that going this route would be a good idea. Unfortunately the more I read about the missing features, the more hesitant I am to champion what is my favorite collection  of software.

I don't understand why Adobe got rid of Adobe CS Review. Remember that? It was almost perfect. You could upload your video  straight from Premiere (or Iillustrator,Photoshop,Indesign) onto a review site, where your client could make comments and markup at the frame. Those comments would then update into Premiere and show up on the timeline as markers.

What happened to that?  I remember when they got rid  of it they cited that they did so because of a lack of user interest. Yet Adobe turns around and comes out with Adobe CC!? Whose whole point is collaboration, some of which happens within a browser. Kinda like Adobe CS Feview, but now without all the useful features like markup features.

Clearly Adobe possesess the ability to roll out this kind of a feature. They've already had such a feature before, and it worked really well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 12, 2014 0
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also mostly use CC to produce and store video, but I am unable to share them via CC. This is so irritating that as a result of having to use alternative means to share video in production, I may have to cancel our company's CC for Teams account, as it is getting hard to justify keeping the account.

Adobe - please get your act together and provide online video viewing facilities in CC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 11, 2014 0
SarahSim LATEST
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't agree more with the points raised here. The reason that I wanted to work with Adobe CC is to access the promised syncing and sharing functions. I work remotely from all my clients, so not being able to give them, and colleagues based in other offices, access to ongoing work or edits for comments and feedback is proving a major obstacle.

I read on the Adobe site back in September 2013 that syncing was going to be available in the 'coming weeks' - what happened to that? I'm running out of patience. Please make the potential benefits of using Adboce CC a reality!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 17, 2014 0