• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are CC Libraries stable enough to rely on for building large graphic symbol libraries to be shared among teams?

Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2015 Dec 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to build an extensive library of frequently used graphic components and paragraph styles to be shared among several colleagues and am a little concerned about the stability and logics of doing so.

For example, if I build a series of CC Library folders to be shared (via collaboration) with other co-workers using my assigned Adobe ID account and then decide at some point to leave that company to work elsewhere, what would happen to all those assets if the Adobe ID that created them is no longer active or is assigned to another user instead? Would all that content be blown away if anything changed with the original Adobe ID?

I'm also wondering if there are local copies of these files hidden somewhere which sync with the Adobe CC account? If so, where are they located?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2016 Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be stable enough, but the bigger question is do you trust Adobe? They have a long history of creating interesting things and then killing them off. CS Review from a few years ago was interesting, but that died quickly. Just recently they removed Sync Settings from all of the 2015 CC apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a very good point! I just noticed that the sync settings have all been removed? I sure hope they don't abandon CC Libraries. They have an incredibly powerful potential and so far I love using them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still hoping that someone from Adobe will answer this question though....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2016 Feb 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greg, I'm in a similar place. I have been waiting for a few years for this to be more stable to share in an enterprise situation. I would be wary at this time. Not only because it is in preview, but because while you can SHARE assets, you can't lock them down. Once shared, everyone has read/write permission. Not that anyone would be malicious - but in my situation...Say we put out an approved CC library for client "Pinetree Shores" it includes logos, fonts and colors. My premedia department curates and QCs al these logos. Now lets say a creative slightly edits a logo and thinks they are being helpful and adds it to the library. I have a unapproved logo running around (and by this, I mean not just not QC'd I have no way of assuring a client approved the changes) and I have no way of rolling back the changes. I can't just revert back to a previous library.

In our current workflow we use swatches palettes and libraries on our server which either IT helps me sync to users folders OR we just have the users pick up from a read only server. Sure they can edit them, but it only affects THAT user, not my entire workflow. We are considering rolling out these libraries anyway, but it is going to take us also maintaining a document of assets, or old school libraries that we can check against maybe biweekly to assure no edits have been made to CC libraries. We are evaluating the pros/cons of this now. We currently maintain two swatch libraries for every client (ONLINE/PRINT) and then because of application variances we have to make several palette versions. Additionally we maintain some InDesign libraries for the various clients. So moving to CC libraries would be a godsend.

I have voiced my concerns to Adobe engineers, and they have assured me this is on their radar—but again since it is in preview who knows.

Just wanted to throw that out there! I am really excited for CC libraries to completely change my management of about 70+ creative users, after talking with engineers, I'm confidant it is going in the right direction - but make sure you consider all the variables before adopting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines