Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Assets in my CC libraries display with white background

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

My team is having issues with the way that logos are being displayed in our CC libraries panel. Please see the attached screenshots. Two of my team members are seeing most of the logos displayed with a white background. For me, all of the logos are displayed correctly – with a transparent background. The logos were added to the cloud by dragging them from Illustrator to the cloud panel.

This issue only affects the thumbnail image. When placed in a document, the white background is gone. The same issue is happening is Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.

So far, we have tried:

Quitting all Adobe apps

Signing out of the Creative Cloud

Enabling GPU view

Changing user interface settings in Preferences

Please let me know what else I can try!

Craig

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

If transparency is maintained in the actual image, disregard what the thumbnail previews look like.  😉

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Yes, it's probably due to local differences in hardware, GPU and software set-up.  Ask your IT dept for assistance with calibrating the equipment that everyone uses.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If transparency is maintained in the actual image, disregard what the thumbnail previews look like.  😉

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip, Nancy. We already know that the background will be transparent in the file when placed in a document. However, we need to find a way to remove it from the thumbnail. Many of our logos are white, and they do not show up on a white background. We need to be able to scroll through them and quickly find what we need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OPTIONS:

1. Try using a different browser to access assets online.

https://assets.adobe.com

2. Prefix filenames to indicate the presence of alpha-transparency, for example trans-wht-logo.psd. Or place transparent images in a dedicated sub-folder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for pointing me to the online Adobe assets page. The logos appear correctly for all of my team members when viewing them online. This must mean that the display issues are happening locally.

We would prefer to fix the issue within the CC Libraries panel rather than use a workaround. It's possible that it is just a bug that we can't fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's probably due to local differences in hardware, GPU and software set-up.  Ask your IT dept for assistance with calibrating the equipment that everyone uses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you work out why this is happening @Craig_BASIS ? I'm having a smiliar issues. Some of my Illustrator files and InDesign snippets show with a white background and other with a transparent one. I'd like them all to be the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid not. We still have this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just come across this same issue. 
My colleague can view the file with a transparent background but I'm unable too. 
I've recently upgrade my mac, so I'm wondering if it is a mac issue rather than an adobe. I'll do some more digging, and if I work anything out, I'll post it in here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely, it has to do with differences of your hardware / software configuration. You'll really need to find the difference of the settings or the hardware.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to add: it may also have to do with the change of the computer, regardless of the hardware.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's about April now, did you figure anything out? 

These answers are NOT helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, this have not yet been solved. I've tried all the suggestions mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed that not every asset has the white background - only my older assets.
I just tried taking an old .ai asset and resaving it in my library - it looks to have saved without the white background. 

Because of this, I'm inclined to believe that it has something to do with the files being an older version of Illustrator. 

As much as I don't want to go through my entire CC library and re-save them all fresh, I just might do so because this issue is too much of a pain to deal with on a daily basis.

Screen Shot 2022-03-29 at 2.48.33 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. I used a similar workaround for my company library of ~500 .ai graphics. However, we realized after reimporting all of them that I am the only person who can see them with a transparent thumbnail image. The other members of my team using the shared cloud library see everything with white backgrounds.

It makes it particularly difficult for them to choose the correct one as many of our graphics are white to begin with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be more clear:

When I add graphics to the library, the background are fine for me. If someone else adds something to our shared library, there is a white background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the workaround. I agree that "disregard what the thumbnail previews look like" is not a suitable answer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I found to do it, was to right-click on each element, click edit, which opens it up, make an adjustment to the file (I grouped/ungroup the file) and hit save. 
Annoying when you have hundreds of files, but I've only done it on the whiteout versions, that I couldn't see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

huge annoyance, but this worked for me! thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tedious and annoying, but this worked for me too. Just wish they'd solve the real issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also got this problem.  With all due respect, Adobe, opening and re-saving several hundred icons is not a solution.  "Disregard what the thumbnail previews look like" is also not an option as I have several hundred all-white icons on all-white backgrounds.  This was happening on a previous CC install, and persists on a clean install on a brand new M1 Macbook.  Happy to help if anyone at Adobe wants to troubleshoot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is with Adobe. I just shared my library with an external agency last week. I suspect that different users accessing a library will mess up the previews in the CC Library. Last week, I went through (prior to sharing) and fixed all backgrounds to ensure the preview in the library was transparent. I am the only user, except for sharing it with two individual external to our company as I mentioned above.

So, that means no changes at my end. I will also add, the CC Library messed up the previews directly after Indesign crashed. So, there's something in that as well. As a side note; I saved my librarey last week, so I will re-import this into a NEW library and see if the transparency is honored. 

really wish Adober would fix this issue - trying to understand 'white' objects with transparenty in the library simly does not work whilst this flaw in the technology is not resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well 1st time I try your product Adobe and looks like you cant fix an issue that everyone is having a problem with. I just wasted 2 hours trying to find this message thread. why do you think you can charge this much money when it takes you a year to fix a problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same problem at our company.

Its even worth - when I fix all of the transparencies, so that they appear transparent, my colleagues will have white backgrounds. On the other hand, if my colleague is changing back to transparent background I will see a white box. This is so frustrating - we work with so many white icons, its extremely inconvenient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines